Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    They did have different properties than my other files. For example, the files that didn't scan on the rpi3B+ had the following properties (but note the files on the USB drive attached to the rPi4B also had these exact same properties):

Attachment 34341

But the converted file (flac to flac), after uploading to the USB hardrive connected to the rPi3B+ had exactly the same properties as above. And it works now. By the way, other files, including downloaded purchases from Neil Young store (Archives Vol II, 24/192) have the properties below instead. (trying to change the group and owner properties above on the earlier different properties files in winscp to be the same (root[0]) was not allowed by the way).

Attachment 34342
    There is an option in WinSCP to log in with superuser privileges. This would have allowed you to change the file properties.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

It is possible that the folder permissions rather than file permissions were to blame but glad it’s sorted anyway and you’ve learned a few things along the way.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    There is an option in WinSCP to log in with superuser privileges. This would have allowed you to change the file properties.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I can't seem to do this. Looks like I go into winscp > advanced > Environment > SFTP and in the dropdown for server choose this. But when I do (and save and then try to connect to the rPi, it fails to connect.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  51.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    It is possible that the folder permissions rather than file permissions were to blame but glad it’s sorted anyway and you’ve learned a few things along the way.
    I no longer have a copy of the old files, but even with the new files, the folders have the root[0] owner and group and all the same permissions as my other files, even though the files within the folders have the different permissions and group/owner (tc[1001]).
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    A simple way to compare 2 sets of data in Excel.
    Cool! Thanks.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I can't seem to do this. Looks like I go into winscp > advanced > Environment > SFTP and in the dropdown for server choose this. But when I do (and save and then try to connect to the rPi, it fails to connect.
Views: 47
Size:  51.4 KB

I no longer have a copy of the old files, but even with the new files, the folders have the root[0] owner and group and all the same permissions as my other files, even though the files within the folders have the different permissions and group/owner (tc[1001]).
    I am using SCP rather than SFTP.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks. I've tried SCP, setup identical to yours. I get this error message upon login:

Views: 38
Size:  33.7 KB

Here's what I do for piCorePlayer.

Name:  sudo.png
Views: 35
Size:  15.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Here's what I do for piCorePlayer.

Name:  sudo.png
Views: 35
Size:  15.1 KB
    Aha! That did it Greg. And I've now changed my owners/group for those two albums. Thanks all, again I learned several new things here.