Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Music on my NAS not indexed in My Music

As of today (could have been yesterday) the music on my NAS isn't incorporated in the My music section (I'm translating the interface from Dutch, so the menu entries might be worded a little different in English.). My Music only contains the albums of my streaming services:Qobuz and Spotify.
    The volume on the Nas is correctly mounted. I am able to play the music via the External music collection option in the sub menu under My Music. But that might be because I still have LMS running on my Synology Nas (didn't update Perl, yet).

The problem has occurred, after I had to cut the power due to some work on electricity. I closed everything before I cut the power. After restarting the 'enabled' box for the mount was unchecked. After checking this box, confirming and restarting the volume is mounted, as far as I can see (the box stays checked and the external collection can be found.)

What can be the cause and what the solution? (I rebooted and rescanned to no avail.)

Some extra info: I'm using PCP on RP4.

Peter
    Last edited by peterjk; 2021-04-22 at 15:43. Reason: added platform info

Connection failure

After some more tries and a reboot of PcP, now I lost every connection to PcP. I'm lost. The device shows on my router and the lan connection lights are burning yellow and green.

Peter

If you are using music on a NAS via a mounted drive the NAS must be fully up and accessible before you start the Pi.
    If the box is unchecked you probably didnĺt do a config backup inside pCP. This writes the settings to the SD card so that they will be available after reboot.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    If you are using music on a NAS via a mounted drive the NAS must be fully up and accessible before you start the Pi.
    If the box is unchecked you probably didnĺt do a config backup inside pCP. This writes the settings to the SD card so that they will be available after reboot.
    Thanks, I started the Pi first. So that explains one part of the problem; I won't make that mistake again.
    But now I have a bigger problem, because after checking the box and restarting the Pi, I can't reach the Pi anymore over the network. The router sees it, but when trying to open PcP on its address, it says the server (i.e. PcP) isn't responding. Unplugging and restarting the Pi didn't change anything. So I guess all I can do is start all over again with a fresh install of PcP. Unless someone knows what else can be done.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterjk View Post
    Unplugging and restarting the Pi didn't change anything. So I guess all I can do is start all over again with a fresh install of PcP. Unless someone knows what else can be done.
    Can you connect to it using SSH?
    If not ... can you attach a screen and check the console output? Might need to reboot it with the screen already attached to see something.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by peterjk View Post
    Thanks, I started the Pi first. So that explains one part of the problem; I won't make that mistake again.
    But now I have a bigger problem, because after checking the box and restarting the Pi, I can't reach the Pi anymore over the network. The router sees it, but when trying to open PcP on its address, it says the server (i.e. PcP) isn't responding. Unplugging and restarting the Pi didn't change anything. So I guess all I can do is start all over again with a fresh install of PcP. Unless someone knows what else can be done.

Peter
    Has the IP address changed?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk