X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hopkins
    • Feb 2019

Small bug with CLI status - artis in playlist

Hi,

I found what seems to be a small bug with the artist field in the "playlist_loop" returned by the "status" CLI command. Example:

In this track, the artist is "Duke Ellington" and the composer "Duke Ellington / Paul Barbarin". The "artist" in the playlist_loop is incorrectly displayed as "Duke Ellington / Paul Barbarin"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1578560

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1578561
    Last edited by hopkins; 2021-04-21, 09:27.
  • bpa
    • Oct 2005

What is your TPE2 setting in Settings/My Music ?

Comment

• hopkins
      • Feb 2019

Here it is:

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1572034

The seperator I indicated is not consistent with my files (; instead of /) but that is unrelated.

Comment

• bpa
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by hopkins
        The separator I indicated is not consistent with my files (; instead of /) but that is unrelated.
        I can't help solve the problem but when reporting problems it is always important to provide full information such as this TPE2 settings.

I think somebody like Michael will have the knwledge to explain LMS actions and whether there is a bug.

As I read it you have no TPE1 which is normally Artist. So LMS will have to make a choice to use as Artist between TCOM (Composer) and Album Artist (TPE2)

Comment

• hopkins
          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by bpa
          I can't help solve the problem but when reporting problems it is always important to provide full information such as this TPE2 settings.

I think somebody like Michael will have the knwledge to explain LMS actions and whether there is a bug.

As I read it you have no TPE1 which is normally Artist. So LMS will have to make a choice to use as Artist between TCOM (Composer) and Album Artist (TPE2)
          TPE1 is normally understood as "track artist", and TPE2 is the album artist. Everything else in LMS works fine to use TPE2, but this CLI interface which displays the composer...
          I am a little surprised that this has not been reported before. Using Material skin, for example, displays the wrong information in your playlist.
          Maybe I am doing something wrong. I'll wait for Michael's feedback.

Comment

• slartibartfast
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by hopkins
            TPE1 is normally understood as "track artist", and TPE2 is the album artist. Everything else in LMS works fine to use TPE2, but this CLI interface which displays the composer...
            I am a little surprised that this has not been reported before. Using Material skin, for example, displays the wrong information in your playlist.
            Maybe I am doing something wrong. I'll wait for Michael's feedback.
            I suspect most people use "Artist" rather than "Album Artist" if they only use one of them. Some of my files have both but most only have "Artist".

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
            Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
            Bedroom: Radio
            Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• hopkins
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by slartibartfast
              I suspect most people use "Artist" rather than "Album Artist" if they only use one of them. Some of my files have both but most only have "Artist".

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
              I use both, but not on all albums.
              I could understand that the CLI interface displays either one (if it is not using the TPE parameter in the music settings), but displaying the composers is an odd choice. Maybe I am doing something wrong...
              Last edited by hopkins; 2021-04-21, 11:14.

Comment

Working...