Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

IR receiver board compatible w/ Raspi camera mount! (*for PiCorePlayer*)

Did you, like myself; miss out entirely on buying squeezebox hardware long long ago? Have you wanted a realistic squeezebox player experience ever since? Maybe you've got a raspberry pi laying around. Maybe you've heard of picoreplayer. Swooned over that 7" touchscreen, and the SmartiPi case.

A couple weekends ago I set out to complete my quest on having that squeezebox hardware experience. I made a tiny IR receiver board to fit where the camera would normally go on any number of raspberry pi cases. Take a look in the attached photos to see how it gets mounted, and how the IR sensor just peeks out from the camera hole. The case in my photos is the SmartiPi Touch 2 case. Just ... uh ... ignore the barrel jack power connector modification I made to mine

I've got four extra boards to sell; these are soldered together by me & come with a 12 inch long wiring harness to go from the raspberry pi to the IR receiver board, you can route the wire under the touchscreen's PCB exactly the same as you would for the camera ribbon cable in the SmartiPi case instructions.

First come first serve! Reply to the thread that you want one or more, then DM me and we can get a more accurate guess on shipping, and work out payment over paypal.

1st: $5
    2nd: $7
    3rd: $9
    4th: $11

I'm pricing it this way so that these purchases fund the next couple in case the community really likes them!

Shipping not included, but will likely be USPS first class mail, somewhere around $3-$7 depending how far away from Alexandria, VA you are. US only shipping (sorry, I'm not a huge business)
    Attached Images Attached Images