Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

PiCorePlayer - Possible Quirk/bugs in 7.0 64 Bit Version ..............

I have been helping someone install PcP 7.0 the last few days. He was having problems getting his Synology NAS to Mount.
    He had entered a few bad Parameters for his NAS in earlier attempts...

I came into helping him at this point and we entered the Correct Parameters and the real challenge was that he needed "vers=1.0"
    in the Options list. After entering this option we were able to mount the NAS just fine and select his Music Library Folder.
    And it would appear in the Media Folder Box as "/mnt/Music/Music Library" - Everything looked good.

However, as soon as he hit the Rescan (Clear Everything Option) - The Media Folder Box containing "/mnt/Music/Music Library" would
    be replaced by an earlier mount attempt that he had tried. The scan would start, find nothing and finish almost immediately. Re-booting the Rpi yielded the same results.

After a few hours of troubleshooting, I told him to download the 32 Bit version of 7.0 and Start Over... Everything worked fine after this....

Just noting this as a Public Service Announcement.
    Last edited by Cut-Throat; 2021-04-19 at 12:29.

I use a Synology NAS on both 32 and 64 bit systems. No issues with CIFS or NFS.

If properly configured synology uses vers=3.0 for the mount options.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I use a Synology NAS on both 32 and 64 bit systems. No issues with CIFS or NFS.

If properly configured synology uses vers=3.0 for the mount options.
    I have used a couple different Synology NAS and have never used the vers= option... Just taken the default
    and it has worked fine.