Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brentano View Post
    Hi Thanks guys, and yes I had done it before and I have got a new 32GIG SD Card I did it eventually after stuffing up 2 SD cards due to computer errors Write Error -1.0, Error 1117: IO Device Error,
    Ended up getting it done on Windows 7.
    But USB Disk is correctly Recognized, in Media Player Settings Media Library Name is correct rPiLMSfiles/MyMusic, and that is where it ends, as before not reading my audio files, all Categories are EMPTY
    I set to "Clear library and Rescan Everything" Not scanning
    Media Folder is only showing /mnt and as soon as I add "/LMSfiles/mymusic which is the name of my music folder on the USB external drive hit rescan it's back to /mnt
    Browsing for Folder only shows home and mnt none of the folders on the USB drive.
    Back to where I had been before, so frustrating.
    Can you supply screenshots of your pCP USB drive mount point, and the folder that LMS scans, as in my screenshots below?

Name:  mount.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  mount2.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  51.8 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Hi Thanks guys, and yes I had done it before and I have got a new 32GIG SD Card I did it eventually after stuffing up 2 SD cards due to computer errors Write Error -1.0, Error 1117: IO Device Error,
    Ended up getting it done on Windows 7.
    But USB Disk is correctly Recognized, in Media Player Settings Media Library Name is correct rPiLMSfiles/MyMusic, and that is where it ends, as before not reading my audio files, all Categories are EMPTY
    I set to "Clear library and Rescan Everything" Not scanning
    Media Folder is only showing /mnt and as soon as I add "/LMSfiles/mymusic which is the name of my music folder on the USB external drive hit rescan it's back to /mnt
    Browsing for Folder only shows home and mnt none of the folders on the USB drive.
    Back to where I had been before, so frustrating.
    The two paths I've highlighted in your post are different they need to be correctly entered in LMS settings/basic settings.

Use the Browse button to browse to the music folder, don't try to enter it by typing it.

Name:  browse.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  91.4 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Installing rPi

Right thank you, looks like something here is not right, I will take those screen shots tomorrow and Attach them
    Cheers

Installing rPi

So Good Morning to you folks in Lancashire, hope I am right, freezing morning here in Melbourne 7║C too cold for me.

OK last night when I looked at your Screen shots I knew that mine should be something similar but they are not, far from it. I don't know how far I have to go back if possible without starting from scratch again, but if needed so be it SD cards are cheap enough now. So kidstypike can you guide me from here on and hopefully I will end up with a working LMS server.
    I have attached my screen shots, but I don't know if they are there for you, I can't see them here
    Regards Bill

Your screen shots are not attached. I think you're issue is in the mounting of the USB drive in piCorePlayer. But the screen shots showing that mounting will be useful to diagnose.

p.s. You don't need new SD cards if you need to start over. You can rewrite a new piCorePlayer image to the existing SD card with no problem.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Installing rPi

What would have gone wrong in attaching the screen shots, did with Manage Attachments

Installing rPi

Name:  Screen Shot 04-21-21 at 10.29 AM.PNG
Views: 143
Size:  43.0 KBName:  Screen Shot 04-21-21 at 10.38 AM.PNG
Views: 141
Size:  21.7 KBName:  Screen Shot 04-21-21 at 10.41 AM.PNG
Views: 141
Size:  38.3 KB

Let me know if that worked, hadn't done it here before

Installing rPi

It worked this time I can see it.
    Regarding not needing a new SD card, when I was stuffing around installing PiCoreplayer and getting all them Errors, when I tried to do it again with the same SD card it told me not enough room on SD card and that was on 32GIG and 64GIG cards its now on a 128GIG SD card.

The Folder on the USB drive that contains my music including many sub-folders is Named: mymusic
    Last edited by brentano; 2021-04-20 at 21:01.

It worked this time I can see it.
    Regarding not needing a new SD card, when I was stuffing around installing PiCoreplayer and getting all them Errors, when I tried to do it again with the same SD card it told me not enough room on SD card and that was on 32GIG and 64GIG cards its now on a 128GIG SD card.

The Folder on the USB drive that contains my music including many sub-folders is Named: mymusic
    I've no idea where you're up to ATM but I've set out simple instructions below starting with a freshly formatted 16GB micro SD card. I'll leave it up to you how you get to this point.

Burn pCP 7.0.0 to a new or freshly re-formatted 16GB SD card.

Insert card, attach network cable & USB drive to Pi.

Power up Pi.

Find IP address of Pi and enter it into a web browser address bar, and press enter.

"Main page", scroll down to bottom of page and click the "Beta tab", dismiss warning.

"Main page", Click "Resize FS", select 2000MB (minimum if installing LMS) from dropdown box.

Click "Resize", (takes a couple of minutes).

"Tweaks" page "Host Name" you can keep pCP or rename, I renamed to pCPdemo, press "Save". (Reboot).

"LMS" page, under "Install and enable additional file systems", click "Install".

"LMS" page, under "Pick from the following detected USB disks to mount", enter a name, this can be anything you like, it's just an identifier, keep it simple, I entered "demo". Tick the "Enabled" box. click "Set USB Mount".

Name:  demo01.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  34.8 KB

"LMS" page, click "Install LMS". Once installed click "Start LMS", if started you should see a green tick and LMS is running. (At the time of writing this installs LMS v8.1.1).

"LMS" page, click "Configure LMS", this may or may not open at a "Wizard", mine didn't, it opened at the "Basic settigs" tab.

Enter the path to your music files on the USB drive by clicking the "Browse" button alongside Media Folder".

In the pop-up window, expand "mnt", expand "demo", select your music files folder. This will enter the correct path into the media folder box, no need to type anything, close the pop-up window.

Repeat for playlist folder if needed, or leave blank.

Click the "Rescan" button,

Name:  demo02.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  64.8 KB

Click the "Scanning - View Progress link".

Name:  demo03.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  83.5 KB

That's it.

It's simple!

Installing rPi

Thank you very much, I will give this a go
    Cheers

Just one more question, regarding the "Reboot" is that just turning off the rPi or dose it need to actually disconnect the USB drive from the rPi.
    I wouldn't so, just making sure Sorry
    Last edited by brentano; 2021-04-21 at 02:12.