Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Setting Up LMS On A Raspberry Pi 4B

Hi, I have been unsuccessfully attempting to set up my rPi as a Server for LMS. I have had good advice here from a 2 Members und they suggested I'll come here and get a LMS expert to get me going. I have been trying to follow the instructions on pCP piCoreplayer documentation without success.
    My first attempt was working partially using 2 external USB drives, but only half the music files where showing up in LMS.
    I then purchased a bigger 2TB drive and copied the Folders containing mostly FLAC files over, from there on it just got worse, even a new SD card is not working.
    I download CorePlayer but then the problem starts, none of the descriptions on the documentation are showing on either a Windows 10 Laptop nor on a Windows 8.1 Desktop burning on to the SD card just is not happening even selecting Overwrite existing files wont work just tells me not enough space yet I have used a 64GB and 128GB SD card.
    Originally when I connected the rPi to the Internet the little green LED would blink, not happening anymore eighter.
    So maybe someone who knows the ins and outs can put me on the right path with clear step by step instructions, or maybe I have stuffed up my new Raspberry Pi already.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brentano View Post
    Hi, I have been unsuccessfully attempting to set up my rPi as a Server for LMS. I have had good advice here from a 2 Members und they suggested I'll come here and get a LMS expert to get me going. I have been trying to follow the instructions on pCP piCoreplayer documentation without success.
    My first attempt was working partially using 2 external USB drives, but only half the music files where showing up in LMS.
    I then purchased a bigger 2TB drive and copied the Folders containing mostly FLAC files over, from there on it just got worse, even a new SD card is not working.
    I download CorePlayer but then the problem starts, none of the descriptions on the documentation are showing on either a Windows 10 Laptop nor on a Windows 8.1 Desktop burning on to the SD card just is not happening even selecting Overwrite existing files wont work just tells me not enough space yet I have used a 64GB and 128GB SD card.
    Originally when I connected the rPi to the Internet the little green LED would blink, not happening anymore eighter.
    So maybe someone who knows the ins and outs can put me on the right path with clear step by step instructions, or maybe I have stuffed up my new Raspberry Pi already.
    Thanks
    First off, I would put your hat & coat on and go buy a 16GB SD card (8GB is large enough if you can find one).

Burn the piCorePlayer image to the SD card, insert in the Pi, attach ethernet cable, apply power, find Pi's IP address and get the piCorePlayer UI up on your PC.

When you've done that come back here.
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2021-04-18 at 02:15.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

NO expert here

First download a fresh image

https://repo.picoreplayer.org/insitu...layer7.0.0.zip

Second use

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

to small capacity card over 8gb in size

Put the card in the rpi4b, attatch a monitor and power supply to the rpi and power up.

You will see a shed load of text on the screen, at the bottom is an instruction to use the Web Interface of a browser.

connect to the pCP main page and report back

ronnie

This could take a long time, given the time differences, but don't rush

Snap!!

Brentano, you had PiCorePlayer installed and working before. It was only the missing folders in LMS causing the problems. As others have said, start over with a fresh install to the SD card. And go back and reread the PMs I gave you on some of your setup questions. But yes, first get piCorePlayer installed and visible on your web browser using the R
    rPi IP address, then we can help with next steps.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Setting Up Picore Player & LMS

Quote Originally Posted by brentano View Post
    Thanks
    Hi there - very good explanation of how to set up here:
    https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/...d-programming/
    Plus at the bottom a 20 plus page pdf with all the set up.
    Its using the Pi both as streamer and LMS server. Worked for me with a USB drive and all my music files on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Operajulian View Post
    Hi there - very good explanation of how to set up here:
    https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/...d-programming/
    Plus at the bottom a 20 plus page pdf with all the set up.
    Its using the Pi both as streamer and LMS server. Worked for me with a USB drive and all my music files on that.
    A bit of my own Pi journey is posted on the Pink Fish Media forum;

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre.../#post-4070580

Only got there in the end thanks to many others incl Ronnie ( Man In A Van ).

I installed Picoreplayer for use as a LMS server only on a Pi3B+, I have a windows 10 machine, and I know nothing about Linux.
    I followed the instructions below and after some tribulations, I was successful:
    https://docs.picoreplayer.org/how-to/

Three tips after you have burned a fresh picore image to the SD card.
    1) Plug the Pi into your router using an ethernet connection, so you don't have to worrying about Wi-Fi issues in the set-up.
    (If you are using the Pi just as LMS server, then connecting permanent via ethernet is best, because it does not need to be near your audio equipment.)
    2) Log into your router to get the IP address of the Pi. This way you can type the IP address from your windows machine and connect to the Pi. I found logging into my router was the easiest way to find he Pi's IP address.
    3) In setting up the USB drive and Samba, be very careful on the names and case as they both have to be the same. (a f versus F in LMSfiles caused me trouble.)

The fact you had it working once is a good sign you did something right, but you just might need to start over now. I had to start from scratch a couple of times because I messed up something.

If you run into trouble, it would be helpful to reference where in the "how to" documentation you are having trouble.

The people here will help you, as they helped me!

Paul

And donĺt worry about Samba until everything else is working. I donĺt use samba at all.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Installing rPi

Hi Thanks guys, and yes I had done it before and I have got a new 32GIG SD Card I did it eventually after stuffing up 2 SD cards due to computer errors Write Error -1.0, Error 1117: IO Device Error,
    Ended up getting it done on Windows 7.
    But USB Disk is correctly Recognized, in Media Player Settings Media Library Name is correct rPiLMSfiles/MyMusic, and that is where it ends, as before not reading my audio files, all Categories are EMPTY
    I set to "Clear library and Rescan Everything" Not scanning
    Media Folder is only showing /mnt and as soon as I add "/LMSfiles/mymusic which is the name of my music folder on the USB external drive hit rescan it's back to /mnt
    Browsing for Folder only shows home and mnt none of the folders on the USB drive.
    Back to where I had been before, so frustrating.