Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've gone through my Playlists and corrected any oddities.

I also searched within files in the prefs directory for D:/Music/ and replaced with D:/MyMusic/ (269 instances).
    I deleted the cache.

Once scanning had finished I found I'd lost most of the my plugins. Adding them back caused a few oddities but things seem to be back to normal now and stuff works and the log file is cleaner. So thanks for that.

I am still left with the original issue. Here's the log with the requested logging enabled.

skipping 2.log
    Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Quote Originally Posted by ModelCitizen View Post
    I am still left with the original issue. Here's the log with the requested logging enabled.
    Did you check whether "C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\lame.exe" runs from a command prompt and it produces a banner.
    What version of lame is shown in the banner ?

Ah...

C:\Users\simon>C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSW in32-x86-multi-thread\lame.exe
    This version of C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\lame.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.

OK. It's a 64 bit version on a 32 bit PC. :-(

Install date is 2018. It beggars belief I've not noticed before.

Thank you very much for your help BPA, now and for the last 16 years.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ModelCitizen; 2021-04-19 at 09:51.
    Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Quote Originally Posted by ModelCitizen View Post
    Ah...

C:\Users\simon>C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSW in32-x86-multi-thread\lame.exe
    This version of C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\lame.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.

OK. It's a 64 bit version on a 32 bit PC. :-(

Install date is 2018. It beggars belief I've not noticed before.
    Mismatched exe and kernel is a very common sort of problem - happens on Linux and Windows systems. When installing an application required for transcoding, it is a good idea to do a sanity check not only to see exe run but also to check version and build options.

64bit on 32 bit PC won't work but quite often a 32bit exe or even a 64kbit exe won't work on a 64 bit kernel because of missing libraries/DLLs.

Many Windows exe's can fail if they don't have a full install package which does checking and install compatibility libraries (due to different version of compiler). A quick look at the WinSxS directory will show how many compatibility libraries have been installed.