Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hmmm.

Following your instructions to the letter (number of times) a search for D:\Music or D:\Pauls Music finds nothing ('0 results' instantly.. although I did wait for a long time just in case this changed). I checked out other searches and they all worked fine (and very fast too).

I'm a bit stumped. There is nothing odd about my D drive. It is a physical drive and it's a true path.
    Not that it should matter but I am using 8.1.1.

Name:  LMS.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  53.5 KBName:  Scan.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  87.9 KB|
    Last edited by ModelCitizen; 2021-04-17 at 23:40.
    Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
    Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
    And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

Quote Originally Posted by ModelCitizen View Post
    Hmmm.

Following your instructions to the letter (number of times) a search for D:\Music or D:\Pauls Music finds nothing ('0 results' instantly.. although I did wait for a long time just in case this changed). I checked out other searches and they all worked fine (and very fast too).

I'm a bit stumped. There is nothing odd about my D drive. It is a physical drive and it's a true path.

It doesn't appear to work for me either. I copied and pasted the path into the advanced search "Path starts with" box and see no results.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hmmm.

Did you search for Path "starts with" or "contains"? I had more luck with "contains".

I'm not sure what the problem is, I've just tried this using the default UI, copied the path for "Wendys music" from "Basic settings", pasted into "Path contains" and get 1918 albums which is about 28,000 tracks, so it's a fairly large library.

Pics below.

What would happen if you just put "Pauls Music" in the "Path contains" field?

Name:  wendy03.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  wendy01.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  wendy02.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  19.9 KB
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Did you search for Path "starts with" or "contains"? I had more luck with "contains".

Well, I did put "contains" in my instructions.
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Well, I did put "contains" in my instructions.
    I obviously didn't read properly . Why does "starts with" fail though?

It fails for me on both 'Path contains' and 'Path starts with'. And I even tried with quotes and without quotes. :-(

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
    And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

It fails for me on both 'Path contains' and 'Path starts with'. And I even tried with quotes and without quotes. :-(
    Did you try entering just Pauls Music?

In an attempt to negate any vagaries I renamed the music folders to MyMusic and PaulsStuff.
    Using just the directory names as search terms I successfully set up the two libraries. (Only one small issue, on 8.1.1 selecting the libraries is arrived at via three small dots and not a note icon).

My worry about not being able to select libraries via the Orange android app appears valid but it doesn't matter as the Material skin works brilliantly on my mobile (all kudos to the designer!).

So kidstypike, thanks very much for that. All in all a bit of a revelation.

The pubs are open(ish), the sun is out and my Dac32 turned up too.... looks like being a good week.

In an attempt to negate any vagaries I renamed the music folders to MyMusic and PaulsStuff.
    Using just the directory names as search terms I successfully set up the two libraries. (Only one small issue, on 8.1.1 selecting the libraries is arrived at via three small dots and not a note icon).

My worry about not being able to select libraries via the Orange android app appears valid but it doesn't matter as the Material skin works brilliantly on my mobile (all kudos to the designer!).

So kidstypike, thanks very much for that. All in all a bit of a revelation.

The pubs are open(ish), the sun is out and my Dac32 turned up too.... looks like being a good week.
    Are you saying you don't see the note icon after you click on My Music? In Orange Squeeze you can select "Library Views" to change libraries. Maybe you need to select that as an option in the "Additional Browse Modes" plugin.