Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

3rd-Party Devices can handle local music, but is there a way to use internet-radio?

Hello Folks,

I'm new to the forum, so thanks for the warm welcome

I own my two squeezeboxes (Radio in the bedroom and Duet in the living room) beside two 3rd-party devices (Hama ir50, based on the frontier-silicon platform).

My LMS-Server is 8.1.1 is running on a raspberry pi 4b, because my synology ds218j seems to be a no future-platform and i want to use the community-firmware on my devices.

So here's my question, or problem:

The 3rd-Party Radios can use the LMS for playing the music on my synology... The LMS appears as "Mediaserver" on the devices and provides "Music", "Video" and "Photos".

As far as i hate clould-bound devices, and the frontier-silicon-server had problems several times....:

Is there a way to forward the Internet-Radio-Stations stored as "favourites" to that radios, so they can be selected on the devices themselves? (as 4th categorie, beside "music, videos, photos?).

Perhaps as playlistfiles or similar?.... The UPNP/DLNA-Bridge is no option for me, because to control the devices, i need my smartphone... Selection on the device itself is not possible :-(

The only solution which provides this so far (as i know) is a fritzbox (and it's built in mediaserver)...

Thanks for your help and keep the good community running.

Torbes

That sounds like a reasonable request - and I can imagine that users of Reciva-based IR radios would be grateful because the Reciva portal is being switched off.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

I think, this would make a lot of cloud-based devices independent from their often unreliable cloud-platforms...

I love the LMS, and use it heavy on that hama-radios for playing my local stuff.... But the last missing feature is, that i can use the favourite-radio-stations in LMS with the "media-server"-feature on that devices, too...

The Fritzboxes provide the stored internet-stations as "internet-radio"-entry besides "music, photos, videos" in the menu...

I think, technically, it uses playlists with the stored urls... I don't know :-(

But if there is a interest in that function by more members than me .... perhaps it would be a feature in future releases?!

Stay healthy!

Cheers, Tob!

The code to start looking in is the plugin "UPnP/DLNA Media Interface"
    However, this is a plugin that has not been changed for a long time and the original author is long gone.

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...im/Plugin/UPnP
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Might work if you set up a Playlist - and put your favourites in there - or multiple playlists.
    Paul Webster

Ok, i think i will try that as fast as possible :-)

Thank you for your kind help and reply :-)

Gesendet von meinem SM-A530F mit Tapatalk