Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Why do you say you have an additional repository ?
    I had added the material repository quite some time ago and then when I read that it had been added to the standard 3rd party I thought I'd remove it. When I couldn't find a place to remove it in the LMS UI I asked the question in the original post where LMS saved that. With a hint from you I found the repository in the "extension.prefs" file. Here's the contents of that file. Towards the bottom of the file is what I thought was the repo that I'd added. Maybe I'm confused about what's in this file.

---
    _ts_auto: 1520295416
    _ts_plugin: 1618066437
    _ts_repos: 1600532794
    _ts_useUnsupported: 1608402283
    _version: 3
    auto: 0
    plugin:
    CustomBrowse: 1
    DynamicPlayList: 1
    LicenseManagerPlugin: 1
    MaterialSkin: 1
    MusicArtistInfo: 1
    PlaylistGenerator: 1
    PlaylistMan: 1
    SQLPlayList: 1
    WaveInput: 1
    repos:
    - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CD...ter/public.xml
    useUnsupported: 0
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    I had added the material repository quite some time ago and then when I read that it had been added to the standard 3rd party I thought I'd remove it. When I couldn't find a place to remove it in the LMS UI I asked the question in the original post where LMS saved that. With a hint from you I found the repository in the "extension.prefs" file. Here's the contents of that file. Towards the bottom of the file is what I thought was the repo that I'd added. Maybe I'm confused about what's in this file.

---
    _ts_auto: 1520295416
    _ts_plugin: 1618066437
    _ts_repos: 1600532794
    _ts_useUnsupported: 1608402283
    _version: 3
    auto: 0
    plugin:
    CustomBrowse: 1
    DynamicPlayList: 1
    LicenseManagerPlugin: 1
    MaterialSkin: 1
    MusicArtistInfo: 1
    PlaylistGenerator: 1
    PlaylistMan: 1
    SQLPlayList: 1
    WaveInput: 1
    repos:
    - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CD...ter/public.xml
    useUnsupported: 0
    It's not necessary now. I'd expect it to be displayed even though 3rd party but perhaps LMS rcognised a duplicate.

Any changes to prefs can only be done when LMS is stopped. LMS caches all the prefs and writes them out regularly so manual changes done to prefs files with LMS running will be lost.
    Stop LMS and delete the lines so that the "repos:" section is empty.

Some plugin info also kept in Cache/plugin-data.yaml but I think it is secondary (maybe used to reinstal plugins if lost)

edit:

extensions.prefs is the prefs file for the plugin manager Plugin ( found in Slim/Plugin/Extensions) which manages the webpage Settings/Plugin tab and the installation & removal of plugins.
    Last edited by bpa; 2021-04-19 at 07:02.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I'd expect it to be displayed even though 3rd party but perhaps LMS recognized a duplicate.
    After seeing your screen snip I also would have expected the Material repo to be displayed since it is displayed in your list from your screen snip. Now I've decided some unknown demons had possessed my system. I shut it down, cleared cache using the Control Panel, rebooted and now the repo shows in the UI. Deleted the repo in the UI and thankfully I had listed my extensions.prefs in this thread so that I could reinstall all my plugins. Couldn't find the Playlist Generator plugin, but it looks like that functionality has been added to the base LMS sometime before my current version of 8.1.2. And it looks like I no longer need Erland's license manager with my purchased Erland Plugins as they appear to be working without it. Mysterious, but I did get some cleanup out of this whole exercise! Thanks for your patience with me.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Couldn't find the Playlist Generator plugin, but it looks like that functionality has been added to the base LMS sometime before my current version of 8.1.2. And it looks like I no longer need Erland's license manager with my purchased Erland Plugins as they appear to be working without it.
    My plugins are no longer officially supported in 8.*, see my signature at the bottom for more information.

The ones that have been manually installed and verified to work by forum members are available for installation if you activate ôUse unsupported extensionsö in Plugins tab. I donĺt think Playlist Generator has been verified by anyone yet so that would have to be verified to work first and then ask mherger to add it to the unsupported list to be able to install it through Plugins tab. I removed the need for License Manager a number of years ago when I realized I didnĺt have the time to maintain the plugins anymore.

Generally, since no one is maintaining my plugins they might break at any time, so it might be a good idea to find other solutions if you rely on them. The new Ratings Light plugin which is actively maintained should be a good start for people who need support for ratings.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )