Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Plugin icon issue

It's a problem that I've noticed for a while but haven't had the chance to look into it until now.
    For the RadioFeeds plugin, I've noticed the icon doesn't show on the Android apps "Squeezer" and "Squeeze Controller".
    However, it does show elsewhere like in LMS, Squeezebox Radio/Touch and Squeeze CTRL apps.

The image is 336x336 and in PNG format.
    It also uses 24-bit color.

Where am I going wrong?

I've tried changing the image to different specs on the LMS machine (in Cache/InstalledPlugins folder") but have not seen any effect, even after a device reset, unless there's some kind of caching going on somewhere?
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
    Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC and the BBC's high-quality HLS streams on top of what's available in our MSB app.
    Now with over 1000 registered users, it's available for Logitech Media Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).
    Click for more info: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze

Plugin icon issue

> For the RadioFeeds plugin, I've noticed the icon doesn't show on the
    > Android apps "Squeezer" and "Squeeze Controller".
    > However, it does show elsewhere like in LMS, Squeezebox Radio/Touch and
    > Squeeze CTRL apps.

Would those apps request it re-sized, or in its original form? Turn on
    info logging for network.

> The image is 336x336 and in PNG format.
    > It also uses 24-bit color.

Can you share a link?

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

> The image is 336x336 and in PNG format.
    > It also uses 24-bit color.

Can you share a link?
    You can find it here.
    http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/pics/RadioFeeds.png
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
    Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC and the BBC's high-quality HLS streams on top of what's available in our MSB app.
    Now with over 1000 registered users, it's available for Logitech Media Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).

Would those apps request it re-sized, or in its original form? Turn on
    info logging for network.
    The log on Android Chrome refreshes way too quickly for me to copy and paste any useful information.
    But I think I caught something about generateHTTPresponse, then a path to the file.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnielo View Post
    The log on Android Chrome refreshes way too quickly for me to copy and paste any useful information.
    But I think I caught something about generateHTTPresponse, then a path to the file.
    You can untick "Refresh", or click download?

Name:  untick.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  45.3 KB
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You can untick "Refresh", or click download?

Name:  untick.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  45.3 KB
    Seemingly not on my version of LMS.
    Unless it's because I'm using mobile?

Some more info now that I've been able to get on a desktop machine:

[21-04-15 08:59:04.2476] Slim::Web::HTTP::acceptHTTP (276) Accepted connection 8 from 192.168.1.107:34558
    [21-04-15 08:59:04.2492] Slim::Web::HTTP:rocessHTTP (359) HTTP request: from 192.168.1.107:34558 (Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0x998c2e0)) for GET HTTP/1.1 /plugins/RadioFeedsSBS/radiofeeds.png
    [21-04-15 08:59:04.2510] Slim::Web::HTTP:rocessURL (782) processURL Clients: 192.168.1.9:39628 192.168.1.103:45015 192.168.1.106:43008 192.168.1.9:59241
    [21-04-15 08:59:04.2526] Slim::Web::HTTP::generateHTTPResponse (1037) Generating response for (png, image/png) plugins/RadioFeedsSBS/radiofeeds.png
    [21-04-15 08:59:04.2535] Slim::Web::Template::NoWeb::_generateContentFromFi le (66) generating from html/errors/404.html with type: fill
    [21-04-15 08:59:04.2545] Slim::Web::Template::NoWeb::fixHttpPath (189) Found path /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/HTML/EN/html/errors/404.html
    [21-04-15 08:59:04.2618] Slim::Web::HTTP::sendResponse (2049) Sent 413 to 192.168.1.107:34558
    [21-04-15 08:59:04.2624] Slim::Web::HTTP::sendResponse (2055) No more segments to send to 192.168.1.107:34558
    [21-04-15 08:59:04.2631] Slim::Web::HTTP::sendResponse (2011) No segment to send to 192.168.1.107:34558, waiting for next request...
    Not sure why it's saying there's a 404.
    I used to have the image sitting in /RadioFeedsSBS/HTML/EN/plugins/RadioFeedsSBS.
    Now it's also sitting in /RadioFeedsSBS/ but I'm still getting this message.

Plugin icon issue

> Not sure why it's saying there's a 404.
    > I used to have the image sitting in
    > /RadioFeedsSBS/HTML/EN/plugins/RadioFeedsSBS.
    > Now it's also sitting in /RadioFeedsSBS/ but I'm still getting this
    > message.

Put it even one level deeper, in a sub-folder called "html". Anything
    above that level is not considered static content and requires a
    handler. Why it would still work on some UIs I don't know...

I think that
    /plugins/RadioFeedsSBS/radiofeeds.png
    is really
    /RadioFeedsSBS/HTML/EN/plugins/RadioFeedsSBS/radiofeeds.png

In one of my plugins ... if I changed the name to RadioFeedsSBS it would be
    RadioFeedsSBS/HTML/EN/plugins/RadioFeedsSBS/html/images/radiofeeds.png
    and the install.xml would refer to
    plugins/RadioFeedsSBS/html/images/radiofeeds.png
    (no leading /)
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

> Not sure why it's saying there's a 404.
    > I used to have the image sitting in
    > /RadioFeedsSBS/HTML/EN/plugins/RadioFeedsSBS.
    > Now it's also sitting in /RadioFeedsSBS/ but I'm still getting this
    > message.

Put it even one level deeper, in a sub-folder called "html". Anything
    above that level is not considered static content and requires a
    handler. Why it would still work on some UIs I don't know...
    Tried RadioFeedsSBS/HTML. Still no good.