Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here is a project of adding a Topping USB DAC.

Add a Topping E30 USB DAC

Look at steps 8 and 9. The process will be similar except for the name "E30". Yours looks like it should be "Audio".

Oh bugger what have I managed to do!!

All was going well and experimenting with Output settings I'd got some decent audio via USB, allbeit at reduced volume.

I made another Squeezelite amend and reboot and have somehow "lost" the RPi player.

The LMS on the attached hard drive (via USB to RPi 3b) is still operational and I can see two other players, but even after a restart it will not show the RPi even though it's clearly powered and operational as the LMS is live.

How on earth do I fix this, I've powered down the RPi several times, it's currently drawing power from a BT Hub, I'm unsure what the max output is but it's not had issues before.

For serious listening I switch to a Powerbank to power, but tried that too and no difference. The attached HDD is on a powered caddy.

Any help appreciated

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Does pCP show that Squeelite is running?

If not - then maybe you have configured it to use an output device that it cannot find or was not available when it started.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Does pCP show that Squeelite is running?

If not - then maybe you have configured it to use an output device that it cannot find or was not available when it started.
    I can't access PCP as the player isn't available on LMS, I don't have HDMI active by default, so how would I get to PCP?

Sent from my iPlay_20 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Poldark69 View Post
    I can't access PCP as the player isn't available on LMS, I don't have HDMI active by default, so how would I get to PCP?

The pCP main page. You must have been accessing Squeezelite settings from there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Use an app on your phone such as Net Analyzer to find the IP address of your Pi. If it's not on the network, it's start afresh time.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Use an app on your phone such as Net Analyzer to find the IP address of your Pi. If it's not on the network, it's start afresh time.
    Thanks, remembered I have Advanced IP scanner on a PC and found the right IP address and have restarted Squeezelite.

As suggested it looks like one of my attempted trial & error Output Audio settings messed things about.

Anyway Pcp found, Squeezelite restarted and RPi viewable again in LMS.

I'll continue to (carefully) explore options and now know how to fix it if the same happens.

Any views on why (and how to fix) output audio volume (via USB) is significantly lower?

Cheers

Thanks, remembered I have Advanced IP scanner on a PC and found the right IP address and have restarted Squeezelite.

As suggested it looks like one of my attempted trial & error Output Audio settings messed things about.

Anyway Pcp found, Squeezelite restarted and RPi viewable again in LMS.

I'll continue to (carefully) explore options and now know how to fix it if the same happens.

Any views on why (and how to fix) output audio volume (via USB) is significantly lower?

Cheers

Have you selected the correct output setting ?????

I have a Topping E30 USB DAC (settings for that below), there nothing wrong with the volume.

Name:  output.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  118.3 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

E30 didn't work, but through trial & error I've found one setting that's sorted low volume.

Thanks all

Cheers

On the Squeezelite tab, click Card Control, follow the instructions

SSH into the pi, user tc, password piCore

Type alsamixer > hit the key F6 on the keyboard and select the dac > adjust volume if possible

ronnie

On the LMS web gui > Settings > Player > adjust volume output > set at 100%, click apply