Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Do I need to start LMS if I want to use PiCorePlayer as a player only?

Greetings to all,
    I installed LMS on my Openmediavault server and it works fine.
    I installed Squeezelite on a Pi4 running Raspbian Pi4 to stream from my LMS.
    It works, but I found pCP setting more practical than the Squeezelite by SSH!
    My question is: if I want to run pCP as a player only, do I still need to start LMS?
    Thanks for your help.
    Naass

In theory it (Squeezelite) could use the LMS in the sky that is mysqueezebox.com - however, ISTR that it does not because mysqueezebox.com wants to see real Squeezebox hardware players.
    So ... yes ... you should start an LMS locally and the one on your Openmediavault should be fine for that.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    In theory it (Squeezelite) could use the LMS in the sky that is mysqueezebox.com - however, ISTR that it does not because mysqueezebox.com wants to see real Squeezebox hardware players.
    So ... yes ... you should start an LMS locally and the one on your Openmediavault should be fine for that.
    Thanks Paul for your input.
    I am not sure if I was clear in my question.
    I meant after installing pCP, I go on the Squeezelite Setting and set the DAC and the name of the player. But, do I need to go on the LMS tab, install LMS and start it, or starting LMS isn't needed?
    Cheers

Starting LMS is not needed.
    That is referring to LMS running on your pCP ... which it probably is not doing ... assuming you want to keep using the LMS on your other server.

If this is to be a player-only pCP then click on the player tab at the bottom of the screen then the confusing LMS info will disappear.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Starting LMS is not needed.
    That is referring to LMS running on your pCP ... which it probably is not doing ... assuming you want to keep using the LMS on your other server.

If this is to be a player-only pCP then click on the player tab at the bottom of the screen then the confusing LMS info will disappear.
    Thanks Paul for your help.
    pCP player is working like a treat.
    Have a nice evening.