Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Struggling to remember Touch stuff

Hello chaps

My Touch died some years ago so I've just bought another to try as a digital in for my Naim NDX (as the NDX interface is 100% crap compared to Squeezebox stuff)

I notice there's an applet written by Triode called Enhanced Digital Output that enables the Touch to output 192khz digital signal, which it looks like the NDX might support. It replaces the kernal, which to me sounds pretty scary.
    Has anyone used this? Is it OK? (And no, I am not at all sure I have any music encoded at 192khz!)

Also, the Logitech wallpapers are dull. I think there's a way to install a custom wallpaper but I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ModelCitizen; 2021-04-12 at 00:16.
    Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Quote Originally Posted by ModelCitizen View Post
    Hello chaps

My Touch died some years ago so I've just bought another to try as a digital in for my Naim NDX (as the NDX interface is 100% crap compared to Squeezebox stuff)

I notice there's an applet written by Triode called Enhanced Digital Output that enables the Touch to output 192khz digital signal, which it looks like the NDX might support. It replaces the kernal, which to me sounds pretty scary.
    Has anyone used this? Is it OK? (And no, I am not at all sure I have any music encoded at 192khz!)

Also, the Logitech wallpapers are dull. I think there's a way to install a custom wallpaper but I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
    I know nothing about EDO, never needed it, many here still use it.

The Customize Device plugin is what you're looking for.

Name:  Custom.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  70.7 KB

Name:  Custom2.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  48.5 KB
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2021-04-12 at 00:35.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Many people use it and it works fine. If you decide later to remove it, just do a factory reset or re-write the firmware (both with "reinstall applets" disabled). IIRC, at 192 coax worked more reliably than optical; I don't remember particulars of USB as my DAC lacks it.

This is worth a read:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ller-and-LMS-8

Thanks for that.

As a result I found some old wallpapers and made some new ones, all the correct sized jpgs, but the Touch only picks up on two of them and ignores the rest. They are just not listed as selection choices. I can't see why.:-(

Thanks for that.

As a result I found some old wallpapers and made some new ones, all the correct sized jpgs, but the Touch only picks up on two of them and ignores the rest. They are just not listed as selection choices. I can't see why.:-(
    Don't know, I made 3 plain coloured wallpapers in Photoshop, they all seem to work fine for me.

Name:  RBG.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  red.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  20.9 KB

Name:  blue.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  green.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  36.2 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Aha. Thanks. My bad. I made them 480x272 proportional, rather than sized. I've sized them now and Touch picks them up.

I just got my Touch a few days ago and wanted to add if you have any problems with lockups, reboots or no sound make sure you update the firmware, which solved all of that for me.

Thanks.
    The bloke who sold it to me on eBay (Cold Bob) hadn't reset it so it still had his stuff in it. I reset it and updated it to the latest firmware and it all seems OK.