Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Logitech is done making Harmony remotes

Logitech is done making Harmony remotes
    https://www.engadget.com/harmony-rem...020210167.html

Official Statement
    https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/co.../1500000658341
    While Harmony remotes are and continue to be available through various retailers, moving forward Logitech will no longer manufacture Harmony remotes.

We expect no impact to our customers by this announcement. We plan to support our Harmony community and new Harmony customers, which includes access to our software and apps to set up and manage your remotes. We also plan to continue to update the platform and add devices to our Harmony database. Customer and warranty support will continue to be offered.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

I bloody love my Harmony Hub, at least when I'm done configuring it because that's an ordeal which perfectly illustrates the vulnerability of hardware that's dependent on cloud services.
    Hopefully Harmony customers will get the same level of long term support that Squeezebox users have enjoyed with mysqueezebox.com.

It's a good product. It fills a specific need. No one else makes a worthy substitute. Sound familiar?

Anyway, I bought a backup this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    It's a good product. It fills a specific need. No one else makes a worthy substitute. Sound familiar?
    Funny guy!
    Living Room: Pi3 w/Allo Digione Player (Wired), Max2Play w/LMS Server 8.0 and SqueezeLite
    Pioneer Elite VSX 80, Parasound 2125 v2
    KEF LS50's, Paradigm SE Center, SVS SB12-NSD Subwoofer, Paradigm Atom v.5 Surrounds
    Harmony Smart Control w/Hub and iPeng
    Dining Room: KEF Q100's
    Bedroom: Logitech Boom
    Porch: Boston Acoustics Voyager Metro II
    Router: Netgear R700P
    File Storage: Samsung T5 SSD
    Music Service: Qobuz

Also bought a backup today (a 665)
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

I figured this day would come. I’ve used them before Logitech bought the line. Kinda odd when they are really the only player in town.... The market is just too small
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I figured this day would come. I’ve used them before Logitech bought the line. Kinda odd when they are really the only player in town.... The market is just too small
    I've been using Harmony a long time too, but most people just have a smart tv with all the apps, no A/V system, music streaming to phone with either earbuds or bluetooth speakers. No need for a fancy remote.

I still use my Harmony 880 which I bought about 18 years ago. They were a Canadian company started around 2001 and had amazing customer service. I recall setting up my Tact digital room correction system, digital amps and other gear over the phone with a tech support person. He accessed my account and settings and implemented new settings on the fly for me. It wasn't the same after Logitech acquired them of course. Fortunately by then I didn't need support.
    Edit: I too just ordered a 665 backup.
    Last edited by jfo; 2021-04-10 at 17:37.

While I am new to LMS/Squeezebox, I have had harmony remotes for years.

I have a One, a 650 and 2 hubs with the smart remotes . Those hubs are the best $$ I have spent . My fiancé has some disabilities and having one uniform remote for everything makes life much easier for her. I have them hooked into my home automation system and they are very useful.

After reading the news, I just bought a backup..if you want one too don't wait because it looks like Amazon only has renewed versions now.

Oh no! The Harmony Companion is second best gadget I ever had.

We all know that’s numbers one.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
    SB Touch optical to Hegel H90, Speakers Larsen 4.2
    Spare SB3
    AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro A10
    Squeezelite-x connected to home LMS with ZeroTier One.
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng