Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I'd been meaning to get a Harmony remote for some time, especially as the power button on the remote for my older Sony Receiver has been giving out and would cost a fair bit to get a dedicated replacement. So was pissed-off when I found they were discontinuing.

I did a search locally (Toronto area), and found that some branches of The Source electronic stores (which bought the legacy Radio Shack business in Canada) were listing "limited availability" of the remotes tried several, no dice, but finally found a single 665 at a store 45 minutes away. Nice country drive for COVID lockdown time.

I see that refurbished units are selling at steep prices online, sometimes upwards of $150; this one is still list at C$60.

EDIT - I called the location to confirm that I was picking it up today. . . AND THEY HAD SOLD IT! Bummer.

R.
    Last edited by RonM; 2021-04-19 at 09:28.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    I'd been meaning to get a Harmony remote for some time, especially as the power button on the remote for my older Sony Receiver has been giving out and would cost a fair bit to get a dedicated replacement. So was pissed-off when I found they were discontinuing.

I did a search locally (Toronto area), and found that some branches of The Source electronic stores (which bought the legacy Radio Shack business in Canada) were listing "limited availability" of the remotes tried several, no dice, but finally found a single 665 at a store 45 minutes away. Nice country drive for COVID lockdown time.

I see that refurbished units are selling at steep prices online, sometimes upwards of $150; this one is still list at C$60.

EDIT - I called the location to confirm that I was picking it up today. . . AND THEY HAD SOLD IT! Bummer.
    R.
    s

You can still find new ones on Ebay (via BB) but best buy is getting retail plus prices for them

I just got my shipping notice about 15 min ago and when I checked Best buy had raised the price $30,00 more from when I ordered 2 days ago.

The US closeout site Woot (a division of Amazon) has a few Harmony remotes listed today.

https://electronics.woot.com/plus/logitech-remotes

Unfortunately, I think they only sell to the "lower 48" US states.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post

R.
    I was able to order a "refurbished" one with a warranty through BestBuy Canada (from a third party reseller), at a modest premium relative to new. There were several The Source outlets that had them listed in inventory, but these were all returns that they couldn't sell. With luck they are fully functional buyers-remorse returns and they get sent to my "refurbished" seller for onward sale.

As far as I can see there are no others available in Canada, other than outlandishly expensive ones on eBay, with shipping to Canada that is more than the cost of the remote.

r.

r.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)