Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

802.11r Rapid Transition and LMS

Not sure where it belongs so posting in general discussion.

Just added to network another Openwrt router working as wifi repeater / access point with 802.11r Rapid Transition.. There seems to be issue with LMS communication on Android phone after AP transition .. SB Control Apps are unresponsive for a while after connecting to new AP.. Sometimes it's 1sec sometimes 20 seconds. Some of apps completely freak out when LMS connection is lost.. I don't know if it's LMS itself, probably more likely android. I just wonder if anyone has experienced this behaviour and manged to fix it? I know there were issues reported with some mesh wifi but haven't found anything with 802.11r.
    Thanks
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

LMS just "sees" IP addresses and MAC addresses - it does not know about the network.

802.11r shouldn't matter unless there is a break in TCP communication in which case the controller or player should re make the TCP connection to LMS.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    LMS just "sees" IP addresses and MAC addresses - it does not know about the network.

802.11r shouldn't matter unless there is a break in TCP communication in which case the controller or player should re make the TCP connection to LMS.
    Thank you, I guess there is short break in tcp communication then, although not sure if 802.11r should prevent that and it's just not functioning properly hmm.. It seems to work judging from wifi bars.. It never goes to 4g etc just when signal gets low below 2 bars it suddenly jumps to 4bars ie connecting to closer AP. Need to test it bit more I guess
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)