Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Controller not charging or battery dead

Had no use for my controller for more than a year. The battery low symbol comes up when trying to power up, but in the cradle the controller starts. When up the battery symbol in the right corner shows a plug. When I remember correctly, when charging an animation is shown. Does this mean the battery is not taking a charge? I donĹt wanna burn money for a new battery to learn the controller or cradle is at fault.

I doubt the controller is bad if you get it to boot up in the cradle and with the plug symbol the controller recognizes that it's in the cradle. My bet is the battery if you leave it in the cradle for a while and then it is still dead when you take it out of the cradle I'd replace the battery. Don't know where you are, but replacement batteries are pretty cheap. Amazon has the battery for $5.99

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Sque.../dp/B00EQG0GO4

If you think the wall wart of the cradle is bad there's a thread here somewhere that the person cut off the wall wart and put on a standard USB plug and then uses a standard USB charger. This way if the charger goes bad you can just get another at Walmart if you don't have a spare hanging around.
    Last edited by w3wilkes; 2021-04-09 at 11:17.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

This is the thread about the 5V adapter: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107328
    Bart