Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    How do you know there are non-writable blocks. A common issue with pCP installations with LMS is failing to expand the file system to a suitable size. Isn't that what happened here?
    It's a known issue for domotica users using a Pi as the heart of their system. Memory cards and USB sticks have a limited number of writes. Once you hit the limit on any particular spot it becomes read-only and everything you write to it from the system only happens in in-memory write cache which obviously is lost when you reset the system, hence the reset to the previous state.

Except this is pCP which deliberately tries to run as memory only and hence writes to the SD card are very very limited.
    Adding LMS makes writes happen more ... but if there is no space (because file system not expanded ... which is not needed when no LMS) then it can look like the same problem.

The check to make is are the write failures because of disk full or something else - but too late now because system has been overwritten.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Except this is pCP which deliberately tries to run as memory only and hence writes to the SD card are very very limited.
    Adding LMS makes writes happen more ... but if there is no space (because file system not expanded ... which is not needed when no LMS) then it can look like the same problem.

The check to make is are the write failures because of disk full or something else - but too late now because system has been overwritten.
    I don't think that's possible. If the disk is full this will be reported (generate an error if you will) which I assume to be forwarded to the user of the application. The issue with the non writable addresses is that the SD blocks this after the application has already received an okay on the (async) write and so there is never an error.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    I don't think that's possible. If the disk is full this will be reported (generate an error if you will) which I assume to be forwarded to the user of the application. T
    OP has noted message in server.log - disk full

Quote Originally Posted by ashegedyn View Post
    2. I noticed errors in the server.log on dbcache device : database or disk full.
    I resized the FS the full SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    I don't think that's possible. If the disk is full this will be reported (generate an error if you will) which I assume to be forwarded to the user of the application. The issue with the non writable addresses is that the SD blocks this after the application has already received an okay on the (async) write and so there is never an error.
    In this case the disk was full and the server log mentioned this. This happens all the time when the file system is too small for LMS.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Guess I missed that report. Pretty nasty to have to resort to the log to find such a critical error though.