Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LMS reverting to login page for mysqueezebox and need to login again every day

So I searched but found nothing on the forum or faqs. It is not clear to me why this is happening or how to address this. I guess next steps would be to go through all the logs etc...

Here is my setup
    Raspberry Pi 4.0 hooked up to topping dac to active speakers.
    Running latest Picoreplayer and LMS setup on the RP 4.

I have a login on mysqueezebox. I registered per instructions on email.
    I tried to use material skin and set up all my defaults etc... However, overnight or every other day the LMS page stops working. I reboot the Picoreplayer - i.e. the raspberry pi reboots - and then when I try to launch the LMS web page I get a classic default screen and login prompt for mysqueezebox. I have to continually login and reset all my preferences etc..

I wanted this to be a turnkey solution for using this instead of a Sonos type device yet non-techie users would have issues with all the steps I have to go through. Is there a simple thing I am missing?

At this point if I can't figure this out through the logfiles and some extra digging I think I am going to just chuck LMS and picoreplayer and go to a Roon solution and bite the bullet to pay for the convenience.

Thanks if anyone has any ideas. I think I will spend a little more time and debug a bit but this is not as straightforward as I would like for regular consumers that just want to hit a button or select something to play.

Easy thing first ...
    The implication of things being reset on reboot is that the configuration has not been backed up after significant changes.

There is a backup function on the front page of pCP web interface.

Try that - then perform an orderly reboot (shutdown LMS first) and see if the configuration is retained after reboot.

However, you should not need to reboot every few days.
    So next thing to look at is what is going wrong that makes you pick reboot as the solution.

Before you reboot are you able to get pCP pages on your browser?
    If not - are you able to use ssh (probably using Putty) to access the pCP system?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Thanks. I just did the backup as you mentioned. It wasn't clear this needed to be done.
    I will see if this helps with LMS changes for materiel skin and the volume settings. Those are the easiest to see right away.

I always see the pcp page and it is always functioning. The problem is the LMS web page. What happens is that when I open up the page after a day or two to change what I am listening to or to turn on listening to internet radio it is not functioning properly. What I mean by that is that when I hit play it sits with the refresh arrow but does nothing. When I try to search for my Qobuz albums it is unable to do so and shows the refresh button. When I close the LMS webpage and open up a new window from the PCP page that is when it shows me a login page to mysqueezelite with the default interface. Even after changing the settings it sometimes does not work properly where I still see the refresh arrow. I have tried shutting down LMS and restarting and that works. I just find it easier to reboot the picoreplayer.

So I am guessing your point is that
    1. the backup should solve the issue with materiel skin and the other settings
    2. It's not clear but there could be an issue on why it stops working after a day or two and I should check some logfiles.

So here are the steps I have taken so far:

1. Used the backup on the main page for picoreplayer.

2. I noticed errors in the server.log on dbcache device : database or disk full.
    I resized the FS the full SD card.

Will see in the next few days how things shake out.
    The only other thing I noticed that was odd is the server.prefs file was empty. Not sure that makes a difference. After I increased the FS size the file had entries.

Thanks

Expanding the file system may well be the answer.
    LMS needs much more than Squeezelite.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

So far it has been working ok. The LMS webpage is a little sluggish when initially bringing it up.
    Nothing in the logfiles. Will keep checking for a few days to make sure the actions addressed the issues.

Better get a completely new SD card, because this one is clearly broken. Also don't waste money on Samsung cards, these are notorious for failing when frequently written to.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    Better get a completely new SD card, because this one is clearly broken. Also don't waste money on Samsung cards, these are notorious for failing when frequently written to.
    Why would you think the SD card was broken? After resizing the file system it appears to be working.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Why would you think the SD card was broken? After resizing the file system it appears to be working.
    Resizing allowed the system to write to addresses that were previous unavailable. It did not fix the physically non writable blocks.
    Last edited by gordonb3; 2021-04-12 at 01:59.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    Resizing allowed to system to write to addresses that were previous unavailable. It did not fix the physically non writable blocks.
    How do you know there are non-writable blocks. A common issue with pCP installations with LMS is failing to expand the file system to a suitable size. Isn't that what happened here?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk