Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Or you may be mistaken.
    Or it hasn't completed properly.

Below are screenshots for a small library.

Compare then to your screenshot, nuff said.
    If I'm mistaken it's because LMS didn't do what I selected. I do see the difference in your two screenshots. As I stated, I selected "clear library and rescan everything." If that's not what LMS is doing (did) then someone will have to show me how to correct that.

I am about to run a clear and rescan right now and I will report back later today when I have some time.

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    Because that's what I set it to do on the first tab of the control panel.
    Well it didn't scan any files.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Anyway, phred's question was why doesn't the reported total number of tracks correspond to the number or tracks on the drive and reported in the database.

In my case the total number of tracks = the sum of the number of tracks I have on the hard drive + the number of tracks I have in my Spotify library. In my latest scan, which was a clear and rescan, I see the following.

In Library Statistics
    Total Tracks = 41,893

In Spotty
    Total Tracks = 6,264

In Media Scan Details
    35,629 new music files were scanned

See my earlier post. I think that is a possible explanation for the discrepancy.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    Anyway, phred's question was why doesn't the reported total number of tracks correspond to the number or tracks on the drive and reported in the database.

In my case the total number of tracks = the sum of the number of tracks I have on the hard drive + the number of tracks I have in my Spotify library. In my latest scan, which was a clear and rescan, I see the following.

In Library Statistics
    Total Tracks = 41,893

In Spotty
    Total Tracks = 6,264

In Media Scan Details
    35,629 new music files were scanned

See my earlier post. I think that is a possible explanation for the discrepancy.

Robert
    Yes, I think it's common knowledge that the first line of a scan counts files and directories 945 in example below, of which only 872 are music files.

Name:  scan003.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  59.2 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post

Except everything being scanned is on a NAS and the only files in the directory being scanned are MP3, .txt (lyrics,) and .jpg (artwork.) There is no Spotify. There is no OneDrive.

But there is definitely a problem somewhere. I initiated a 'clear and rescan all' and the scan apparently hung at "building full text index (3 of 7) as that phase of the scan has been running for almost three hours and the only thing changing is the elapsed time. Could this be a corrupt database? A corrupt media file? I'm am aborting the scan.

Suggestions? Fixes?

Except everything being scanned is on a NAS and the only files in the directory being scanned are MP3, .txt (lyrics,) and .jpg (artwork.) There is no Spotify. There is no OneDrive.

But there is definitely a problem somewhere. I initiated a 'clear and rescan all' and the scan apparently hung at "building full text index (3 of 7) as that phase of the scan has been running for almost three hours and the only thing changing is the elapsed time. Could this be a corrupt database? A corrupt media file? I'm am aborting the scan.

Suggestions? Fixes?

Either uninstall the plugin "Full text search" or install a more recent version of LMS.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Either uninstall the plugin "Full text search" or install a more recent version of LMS.
    Uninstalling the plugin and starting a new clear and rescan resulted in a complete scan. Thank you for that.
    But the numbers remain pretty much the same.

I'm going to chalk it up to what a couple of folks here said - it's including not only the files, but the directories also.
    And I'm satisfied that the scan is running properly and I don't really have to look at the statistics again unless something really screwy happens.

Thanks to all who replied.

Uninstalling the plugin and starting a new clear and rescan resulted in a complete scan. Thank you for that.
    But the numbers remain pretty much the same.

I'm going to chalk it up to what a couple of folks here said - it's including not only the files, but the directories also.
    And I'm satisfied that the scan is running properly and I don't really have to look at the statistics again unless something really screwy happens.

Thanks to all who replied.
    Well we're getting somewhere.

If it were me, I'd remove the playlists folder path from Settings/Basic Settings, do a clear and rescan, and have a look at the numbers again.

Well we're getting somewhere.
    If it were me, I'd remove the playlists folder path from Settings/Basic Settings, do a clear and rescan, and have a look at the numbers again.
    And we have a winner!!

Now to go add the playlists back in and promise myself not to look back.

Thanks!

And we have a winner!!

Now to go add the playlists back in and promise myself not to look back.

Thanks!
    So the tracks total includes tracks in playlists. I had no idea. I don't have many playlists though so it doesn't have an obvious effect on my total.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk