Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Where are these albums coming from?!?!?!?

I have an issue that is driving me mad......

I have LMS running on a Raspberry Pi and all music files are on a Synology NAS.

Recently the HDD was showing as "failing", so, I have taken this out and put a new HDD in. Then I copied all music files back on to this and did a rescan. However, some of the Artistes that appear in the list were incorrect and I cannot find out where they were coming from.

So, I have moved all the files out of the music folder, which is now totally empty and have done another rescan. When I go to "LMS Web Page" and "Artists" then it is still showing 6 random artists. They are related to CDs I have, but, should not be in the metadata like they are showing and I cannot understand whu, when the folder is empty, is it showing anything at all?

Anybody got any suggestions for how I can track down where these are coming from and/or how to completely erase the library to start from scratch?

Grrrrrrrr!
    Last edited by MysteryMan99; 2021-04-04 at 13:39.

Do you have any music services, such as Spotify?

Do you have any playlists?

What does LMS show as the full path for the tracks?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Do you have any music services, such as Spotify?

Do you have any playlists?

What does LMS show as the full path for the tracks?
    Thanks for reply.....

No, I don't use Spotify or any other service like that.

Not aware of any playlists and certainly none that involve the CDs that are showing.

How would I find the full path for the tracks, please?

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMan99 View Post
    Thanks for reply.....

No, I don't use Spotify or any other service like that.

Not aware of any playlists and certainly none that involve the CDs that are showing.

How would I find the full path for the tracks, please?
    Drill down to track level.

Name:  path.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  64.1 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

I can click on an Artist and click on an album, but, there are no tracks showing and duration is 00.00! So, afraid I cannot see path of files.

One thing that did change when I was sorting my NAS is that I initially installed the 2nd HDD alongside the original and initialised it, thinking I could copy files from one to the other. However, I could not work out how to do that I ended up restoring files from an external backup disk.

The original shared disk in the NAS was called volume1 and the new one has been called volume2. So, I updated the path in the LMS Mnt setting. I am wondering if this is causing confusion and it has somehow got something left over from previous setup.

I am wondering if I should wipe out LMS and re-install it and start from scratch (if I can remember how!)

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

There is an option in LMS to "Remove Cache" - is that worth trying and what settings would I need to reapply?
    Last edited by MysteryMan99; 2021-04-05 at 02:41.

Just to be sure... Did you do the "Clear Library and rescan everything" or did you just do the "new and changed media files"?
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Just to be sure... Did you do the "Clear Library and rescan everything" or did you just do the "new and changed media files"?
    Ah no, I wasn't aware of that option! I see now that you can choose from the dropdown menu and will remember in future.

What I did was "Delete Cache and Settings" - that seemed to sort it!