Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Cannot Re-Register My Used Logitech UE Smart Radio/Squeezebox

Hi,

I purchased a Logitech UE Smart Radio/Squeezebox (pristine in box) from Ebay. It is my second Squeezebox. Works great, however, I am unable to register it as the previous owner is still registered. Logitech will not re-register me until "old user" de-registers. I have reached out to ebay seller, but he has no clue who previous owner was as he purchased it at flea market.

Too long story short, how do I re-register it to my account? I believe it has something to do with the MAC address on the Radio and I also believe that MHerger is the Re-Registration Guru. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Pam

From the Squeezebox Radio you can force a reset and it will ask if you want to remove the old address.
    At least ... there are plenty of reports saying this works for Squeezebox Radio not sure about UE SmartRadio if it is still in that mode.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    From the Squeezebox Radio you can force a reset and it will ask if you want to remove the old address.
    At least ... there are plenty of reports saying this works for Squeezebox Radio not sure about UE SmartRadio if it is still in that mode.
    Thank you so much!! It worked brilliantly!!

Pam