Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

No network on my touch

Hi all,
    I have a second hand touch for a few years now. For some time now, the touch has not been able to connect to the network, whether it is wifi or wired.
    I have tried restarting it several times and also other things. If I unplugged it for a few hours, it would bring the network back up and the touch could work normally for a while. But for a few weeks now, this trick has stopped working.
    I am wondering if the power supply is not the cause of the problem: this is the original power supply and in my experience, standard power supplies have a reduced lifetime. Unfortunately I have no other PSUs to test it. I neither don't really know what to buy as a replacement.
    Thank you for advice !
    LMS 7.9.x
    on Linux Mageia 6 and RPI 3
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch, 1 transporter SE, 1 chromecast audio
    Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

I've got sort of the same situation. Second hand and working ok. Moved to another location and suddenly acting weird. Does not really see the wifi. SSID shown but with almost no signal. Connected to lms but not shown by lms but I am able to control another player (transporter).
    So while invisible on lms network the touch is working together with the transporter. TP on and the touch is on. Switching TP off and touch is off. Touch now playing is showing what is played on the TP.
    Main menu of touch nearly empty, only showing favorites and setting. Toch not controllable via lms, only direct on touch screen.

Next step will be getting it connected via wire and/or changing PSU.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's (SB2, SB3, Boom, Touch)
    Server: LMS on Pi3B+ 8.1.2 on PcP 7.0.1
    Network: Draytek, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, Ubiquiti PoE, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    I've got sort of the same situation. Second hand and working ok. Moved to another location and suddenly acting weird. Does not really see the wifi. SSID shown but with almost no signal. Connected to lms but not shown by lms but I am able to control another player (transporter).
    So while invisible on lms network the touch is working together with the transporter. TP on and the touch is on. Switching TP off and touch is off. Touch now playing is showing what is played on the TP.
    Main menu of touch nearly empty, only showing favorites and setting. Toch not controllable via lms, only direct on touch screen.

Next step will be getting it connected via wire and/or changing PSU.
    Very weird indeed. And if you unplug it for some time or if you plug it somewhere else, does it change anything ?
    LMS 7.9.x
    on Linux Mageia 6 and RPI 3
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch, 1 transporter SE, 1 chromecast audio
    Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

Not at home at the moment....
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's (SB2, SB3, Boom, Touch)
    Server: LMS on Pi3B+ 8.1.2 on PcP 7.0.1
    Network: Draytek, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, Ubiquiti PoE, 3x Ubiquity