Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Boom Display completly dead.

I everyone, after a long service (from 2008), my boom display has gone.
    I try to repair reading JoeMuc2009 guide ( 3 diode) but the display is dead: the problem now is the connection to wifi after a modem change.
    Is there a method to setup boom wifi via cable?
    IS there anybody that can send me menu structure of the boom (I try to setup wifi without see anything...yes very hard )

Thank's
    Marco
    Last edited by rodry; 2021-04-03 at 05:41.

Quote Originally Posted by rodry View Post
    I try to repair reading JoeMuc2009 guide ( 3 diode) but the display is dead: the problem now is the connection to wifi after a modem change.
    IS there anybody that can send me menu structure of the boom (I try to setup wifi without see anything...yes very hard )

Thank's
    Marco
    I think you can configure the Boom wifi using Net::UDAP - a quick google search for that should help, I think all the articles will be about the receiver but don't let that put you off.

Only other quick and easy fix I can think of, if you have the old router wifi details still stored in the Boom, then just change the wifi SSID and passcode on the new router/modem to match, or if it allows add a new SSID and passcode to match.

If neither of those help you, lookout for a cheap Boom on eBay (I've picked them up for less then €30 before) you can then either use the "new" one as a template to step through and configure your one with a failed screen or just set up the new one and run with that or depending on condition make up one good Boom from the two.

Kev

Thank's
    Marco
    You can also replace the display - it’s fairly easy
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    You can also replace the display - it’s fairly easy
    Hi Phillippe, I read about to replace Display in JoeMuc2009 Blog but I'm not so skill...
    Thanks and thanks for your contribution for DAC32
    Living Room: Squeezebox Boom
    Living Room: 1 Squeezebox Touch
    bedroom: 2 Squeezebox Touch
    Bed Room: Squeezebox Radio
    Daughter Room: Hifi-Berry Dac with squeezelite
    Office: Dac32

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    I think you can configure the Boom wifi using Net::UDAP - a quick google search for that should help, I think all the articles will be about the receiver but don't let that put you off.

Only other quick and easy fix I can think of, if you have the old router wifi details still stored in the Boom, then just change the wifi SSID and passcode on the new router/modem to match, or if it allows add a new SSID and passcode to match.

If neither of those help you, lookout for a cheap Boom on eBay (I've picked them up for less then €30 before) you can then either use the "new" one as a template to step through and configure your one with a failed screen or just set up the new one and run with that or depending on condition make up one good Boom from the two.

Kev
    I Kev, thanks for your help, I try using Net::UDAP

Hi Phillippe, I read about to replace Display in JoeMuc2009 Blog but I'm not so skill...
    Thanks and thanks for your contribution for DAC32
    Could you find somebody locally who would do that? Otherwise Joe can do it from Germany and if your skills are enough to open the Boom and detach the main PCB (this one is really easy with Joe's guide) then you can send just that to him for a small shipping cost
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Could you find somebody locally who would do that? Otherwise Joe can do it from Germany and if your skills are enough to open the Boom and detach the main PCB (this one is really easy with Joe's guide) then you can send just that to him for a small shipping cost
    Yes! I'm able to do this. Once upon a time I was able to desoldering VDF....
    I'll contact Joe

Thank's philippe!