Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I think that nice Mr Webster provided a patch for that nice Mr Herger
    The small change that I supplied was a patch to the patch that enabled Joggler running old Jivelite to work with LMS 8 (part of runtime version checking). It would not make any difference to things that play or not afterwards.
    However, there was a config change regarding 48k streams.
    From memory the LMS side way around was to install lame on LMS system and then set the limit to 44.1 on the player config in LMS.

Getting it to work natively at 48k on the Joggler would be preferable but my attempts to do that seemed to result in occasional lockups but I did not delve deeply.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Does BBC Sounds play on said Joggler? It won't on the standard Squeezeplay OS version without a minor modification to /etc/asound.conf - basically replacing 44100 with 48000
    I mention this because there has previously been talk of EDO on a Joggler on the Joggler forum but I couldn't see any conclusion. I decided that sticking 96000 here wasn't all that would be necessary and that you'd need to check that at a hardware level any USB DAC was recognised as 24/96 capable.
    Just in case any joggler users see this, BBC Sounds does play on the Joggler. You have to turn on "hide sample rate from LMS" in the settings.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-04-01 18.53.47.png
Views: 66
Size:  18.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Just in case any joggler users see this, BBC Sounds does play on the Joggler. You have to turn on "hide sample rate from LMS" in the settings.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-04-01 18.53.47.png
Views: 66
Size:  18.8 KB
    Is that setting new?
    Iĺve not seen it until now but then my Guest Room Joggler has had /etc/asound.conf modified as mentioned just after you releasedBBC Sounds
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Is that setting new?
    Iĺve not seen it until now but then my Guest Room Joggler has had /etc/asound.conf modified as mentioned just after you releasedBBC Sounds
    Can't remember when it was added, but it was a number of months ago. It was added specifically to fix the joggler problem

I have just made a new install of SQPOS303 on an O2 Joggler playing through EDO to a passive USB hub into a Mycromega MyDac.

LMS is on a rpi4b: Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.2 - 1616822325 @ Sat Mar 27 06:41:33 CET 2021

BBC 6 playing without a problem, reporting 320kbps CBR (Converted to 705kbps FLAC) Sample rate 48.0 kHz

All settings at default, nothing adjusted

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I have just made a new install of SQPOS303 on an O2 Joggler playing through EDO to a passive USB hub into a Mycromega MyDac.

LMS is on a rpi4b: Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.2 - 1616822325 @ Sat Mar 27 06:41:33 CET 2021

BBC 6 playing without a problem, reporting 320kbps CBR (Converted to 705kbps FLAC) Sample rate 48.0 kHz

All settings at default, nothing adjusted

ronnie
    Did you install the Wilberforce EDO ?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Did you install the Wilberforce EDO ?
    yep

So where is it going wrong? I had SQPOS 303 working with EDO but LMS V8.2 would not recognise the player for reasons already documented.
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: SB3>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

PM him. He will respond when he sees it I'm sure.
    I've never looked into using EDO on my Jogglers, mostly because they're used only as controllers. I also boot them off tiny USB flash drives, so the USB socket is occupied. If I get a chance this weekend I'll set one up with a USB hub, so that I can output to a USB DAC while also booting from the flash drive, and I'll have a play with EDO.

But at this point I have to say that I have no advantage over anyone else when it comes to this sort of tinkering - it's long enough since I stopped working on the Joggler that my memory of what I did is a bit dim!

Remember v 8.2 is the dev version, so might not be completely stable

On the Joggler

Remember that the asound.conf is bypassed if using EDO on SQPOS303.

It's mentioned by Wilberforce somewhere before this post.

https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/vi...p=13394#p13394

Chill's install is based on an old ubuntu (I think) that was put out by Buzz

Here is the link, it's the ext4 Ubuntu Base/Server 14.04 LTS (Trusty) from here

https://jwills.co.uk/projects/joggler-xubuntu/download/

ronnie