Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    I'm using a USB hub - I have to when booting from a USB stick AND outputting to a USD DAC, since there's only one USB socket.
    Do you use WiFi or ethernet with your Joggler?

The Joggler actually has 2 usable USB ports but one of them is internal, the built in WiFi is actually a small USB connected device. I've got a few jogglers and the ones I connect to ethernet I remove the WiFi card and use it for a USB stick for the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    When I have been messing around with several different installs to the Internal memory I reset (well that's is how I think of it) everything with a fresh install of

https://birdslikewires.net/openpeak-firmware

Then start again

ronnie
    Success! Found time to start afresh and reflash to internal Openpeak V30301 as Ronnie suggested. Then reflashed internal with @chill's Jivelite build, plugged in my Topping E30 DAC and I now have all sample rates. Many thanks to all for the suggestions and help.
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    Success! Found time to start afresh and reflash to internal Openpeak V30301 as Ronnie suggested. Then reflashed internal with @chill's Jivelite build, plugged in my Topping E30 DAC and I now have all sample rates. Many thanks to all for the suggestions and help.
    would it be possible to provide both images to download?

Openpeak V30301 f/w https://birdslikewires.net/openpeak-firmware
    Chill's Jivelite f/w: http://www.cjh.me.uk/joggler/alpha04/

You will need the reflash image if you want to put it on the internal memory: https://birdslikewires.net/openframe-flash
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller

Well the success was short lived. There was a scratching sound coming from the internal speakers, made worse if I navigated with the screen. Rebooted the Joggler but now I still get the correct sample rates shown on the E30 but no sound. Switching Jivelite to the internal speaker works fine.

Update: It seems there a quite a few Topping E30's losing sound despite showing the sample rates and all other funcions operating correctly. Oddly it works OK with my SB3 on the coax connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    Well the success was short lived. There was a scratching sound coming from the internal speakers, made worse if I navigated with the screen. Rebooted the Joggler but now I still get the correct sample rates shown on the E30 but no sound. Switching Jivelite to the internal speaker works fine.
    Did you try changing the E30 input from USB to something else and back again?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I sometimes get clicks from the internal speaker when the display scrolls.
    My solution ... plug a 3.5mm jack into the Joggler speaker output.
    This then disables the internal speaker and it can crackle all that it wants down a cable that is not connected to anything.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

I have the SB3 connected via coax and the Joggler via USB and can flick between the inputs. Sound from the SB3 but none from the Joggler. I was going to use a spare plug to mute the speaker crackles but never got the chance as after a reboot (to see if that would clear the noise) the E30 no longer wants to play. Tried rebooting everything and Jivelite is working properly as when I pull the USB it reverts to internal speaker playing; plugging it back in the internal speakers are disabled and the selected USB device is correctly applied but no sound. Don't have access to a another USB DAC to see if the E30 is the culprit.