Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Issue with Radio - Blue Icon

My server is a picore player (v 7.1) connected by ethernet to my router. LMS 8.1.1. I have a radio connected wirelessly. I'm having issues with the radio losing its connection to the picore music server. After I lose the connection, if I restart the radio, it reconnects fine to the picore music server. As long as I'm playing something, the radio seems to keep the connection. But once I stop playing, it disconnects and I see a blue wireless icon. I don't think it's my network because I was previously running a radio on the same set up and had no issues (I gave that radio to a friend). I upgraded to the community firmware for the radio, but that hasn't helped.

You are not alone, didn't you see this tread https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...n-three-Radios ?
    The hunt is on for the reel reason it happens and hopefully they find it
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.1 - 1610364019 @ Thu Jan 14 06:27:19 CET 2021
    Castbridge with 2 x Harman Kardon Citation One, setup as a stereo pair
    Squeeze Ctrl
    Squeeze Player
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 20

I think maybe my problem is slightly different. My radio stays connected to the network but loses itís connection with LMS. Or at least I think thatís whatís happening because Iím getting a blue wireless icon. Iíll monitor the other thread.

I have a Radio with the Community Firmware, but when I have the Wifi connectivity problem, I get a red symbol not blue. Turning it off and on fixes it for a while. It can be a few minutes or hours, and one time a day or two before dropping the Wifi.

Update

I brought the radio home. I had been using at work. It works perfectly at home with no software changes. The problem must be somehow related to the network/wireless environment. Way above my pay grade to understand whatís happening. I have had almost zero problems running 4-5 squeezebox devices for many years, so this is unusual for me.

My one wireless Radio rarely gets used and also suffers from the "blue icon" problem every few weeks. I am running latest Community Firmware. Connected via (g) wireless; no "mesh" or any other newer technologies. Takes a power cycle to get it reconnected to LMS.

Going to try a static DHCP lease to see if any more stable. -- 4/14 EDIT: Not a fix.
    Last edited by Apesbrain; 2021-04-14 at 04:02.