Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia P View Post
    Thanks, that public key worked using SSH and I was able to install squeezelite and jivelite, and set up /etc/init.d/ start and rc-update rc-status.

Both have ERROR: sod-sdl-1.2.15-r0: trying to overwrite usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 owned by sdl12-compat-1.2.52-r1.

I have installed herbstluftwm, and am following the install tutorial.

I stopped at the suggestion to start in xsessions - I notice that following their direction, autostart is in the /etc/xdg/herbstluftwm directory. I notice I am confused.
    Yes, I'm actually working on that right now. The jivelite and sdl packages got screwed up when Alpine switched all the sdl 1.2 packages to sdl12-compat and moved sdl 1.2 into testing. Ralphy seems to have jivelite working ok with sdl12-compat but I've been having some issues with it on Alpine.

I'm working on another script right now for myself that sets up the chromebase for my jeep. If you give me a couple hours I'll post it and make sure the jivelite and sdl stuff is working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by sodface View Post
    Yes, I'm actually working on that right now. The jivelite and sdl packages got screwed up when Alpine switched all the sdl 1.2 packages to sdl12-compat and moved sdl 1.2 into testing. Ralphy seems to have jivelite working ok with sdl12-compat but I've been having some issues with it on Alpine.

I'm working on another script right now for myself that sets up the chromebase for my jeep. If you give me a couple hours I'll post it and make sure the jivelite and sdl stuff is working correctly.
    No rush! I am away for a week so wonĺt be doing any updates till Saturday week. I have been impressed with the number of detailed walk throughs for alpine for what I need; but you have been great at cutting through the muddle.
    SB Touch (Community firmware v8.01) UE Radio, SMSL Sanskrit MkII, Talk Electronic Cyclone 1.2 amplifier. LMS 8.2 Snakeoil OS, HP t520 thin client.
    BBCiPlayer, BBC Sounds, Shairtunes2 plugins, edo applet

I've been working on the vehicle mounted chromebase mini for a while now and I'm going to finish it (by some definition of finished) but I'm starting to stall out on the interface. I kind of wanted to keep it clean and with one screen of icons, but the little things you don't do often, reboot, shutdown etc. I don't really want full size icons for. I've messed around with a few variations of small icons at the bottom, different sizes and transparencies etc. but I don't really like it.

Any ideas? I could have "settings" icon and another page of full size icons I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So I realized I should just use gestures in place of icons for seldom used actions:

1 finger swipe up - brightness up 10%
    1 finger swipe down - brightness down 10%
    3 finger tap - reboot
    3 finger swipe down - shutdown

All on the left 1/3 of the screen. Middle and right can be used for other gestures.

Wifi connect I think I'll go as pictured with a smaller button at the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sodface; 2022-09-28 at 08:29.

@Patricia P

If you are up for it, can you run through this setup guide I just posted and let me know if it works for you or what issues you have? Thanks!!!

http://www.sodface.com/tech/alpine-setup-cb/

Nice! I will have a go, and let you know how I get on
    SB Touch (Community firmware v8.01) UE Radio, SMSL Sanskrit MkII, Talk Electronic Cyclone 1.2 amplifier. LMS 8.2 Snakeoil OS, HP t520 thin client.
    BBCiPlayer, BBC Sounds, Shairtunes2 plugins, edo applet