X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoCool50
    • Mar 2021

Help with Error: no items in playlist

Hello,
    I hope someone can help me. I was directed here by Bill from Radio Paradise when I emailed for help! My Squeezebox Touch and two Squeezebox radios, all quite old but otherwise fully functional, have stopped playing Radio Paradise, an internet only station from California. I have no trouble using the website to listen with a computer or phone, or listening to any other station on the Squeezeboxes that I'm aware of. When I press the preset button (I've also tried navigating to it again by searching) the song that's playing comes up as usual in the background on the screen, but I get a message that says 'Error: no items in playlist' and nothing happens. I spend at least half my radio time listening to this station, so the Squeezeboxes are not very useful if they won't play it any more but there must be a solution to this - it'll be very expensive to replace all three! Weirdly, every now and then when I try it, it will suddenly work again for a short time. Bill suggested the following:

Sounds like you might have a very old stream address stored as a preset. Or you may be trying to go through a media server on your network that's not happy somehow.

Try programming in this address: http://stream.radioparadise.com/mp3-128

However, I do not know where to 'programme in an address'. I don't think you can do this. As I said, I tried searching again for the station in case something was wrong with my preset.

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated. Everything else is working as well as it ever did. I use a wired connection for two of them and a wireless connection for the other; it is not a connection issue.
    Thanks.
    Jo
  • slartibartfast
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by JoCool50
    Hello,
    I hope someone can help me. I was directed here by Bill from Radio Paradise when I emailed for help! My Squeezebox Touch and two Squeezebox radios, all quite old but otherwise fully functional, have stopped playing Radio Paradise, an internet only station from California. I have no trouble using the website to listen with a computer or phone, or listening to any other station on the Squeezeboxes that I'm aware of. When I press the preset button (I've also tried navigating to it again by searching) the song that's playing comes up as usual in the background on the screen, but I get a message that says 'Error: no items in playlist' and nothing happens. I spend at least half my radio time listening to this station, so the Squeezeboxes are not very useful if they won't play it any more but there must be a solution to this - it'll be very expensive to replace all three! Weirdly, every now and then when I try it, it will suddenly work again for a short time. Bill suggested the following:

Sounds like you might have a very old stream address stored as a preset. Or you may be trying to go through a media server on your network that's not happy somehow.

Try programming in this address: http://stream.radioparadise.com/mp3-128

However, I do not know where to 'programme in an address'. I don't think you can do this. As I said, I tried searching again for the station in case something was wrong with my preset.

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated. Everything else is working as well as it ever did. I use a wired connection for two of them and a wireless connection for the other; it is not a connection issue.
    Thanks.
    Jo
    The best solution is probably to install the Radio Paradise plugin if you are using Logitech Media Server. If you are using MySqueezebox.com then do a new search for Radio Paradise from the Radio menu or add the URL Bill gave you to the favourites list on MySqueezebox.com (I think you can do that).

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
    Bedroom: Radio
    Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• Man in a van
      • Jan 2011

I use this as a favourite in mysqueezebox.com (I'm in the UK)

http://http://stream-uk1.radioparadise.com/aac-320

here are all the streaming urls

Radio Paradise streams highly curated, eclectic mixes of music -- chosen by real humans -- with unparalleled audio quality. Our streams are uncontaminated by either algorithms or capitalism. Listening is always free. We are funded by listeners who like what we do, and pay money to help us keep doing it. For over two decades, Radio Paradise has been dedicated to preserving the art of radio DJ-ing and providing a soundtrack you can enjoy all day every day.

ronnie

Comment

• JoCool50
        • Mar 2021

This might have worked...

Thanks to all who replied! I can't find any way of installing a plugin on Logitech Media Server (I do have LMS installed, but I will confess that I don't really know what a plugin is...!), but I did find a list of the URLs of my stations, and tried saving the one Bill gave me instead of what was there. At the moment, it is working... but then yesterday it was having one of its rare working-at-random days anyway, so time will tell! All the other stations (including the old RP one) begin with 'OPML' and I don't know what that means or whether it's relevant. I should have said, I'm in the UK too.

I'm optimistic that my problem might be solved. Thank you so much.
        Jo

Comment

• Paul Webster
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by JoCool50
          I can't find any way of installing a plugin on Logitech Media Server (I do have LMS installed, but I will confess that I don't really know what a plugin is...!)
          From the LMS regular web interface - choose Settings (bottom right) and then Plugins and then pick a few and choose Apply (bottom right) and agree to let it restart.
          Paul Webster
          Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
          and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Working...