Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Beginner Plugin Confusion - Please Help

I am about to order a Raspberry Pi to use as a streamer. I don't have it yet but have installed LMS to have a look at it.

I have installed LMS, set the Material skin and installed BBC Sounds, Qobuz, Spotty and Tunein.

None of these plugins are working as I expected, if at all.

BBC Sounds: is showing in my Radio list but when I click on it to open it up, nothing happens. This is the same for everything else in the Radio list. I have entered my login details in the settings.

Qobuz: I have entered my login details in the settings. My favourite albums have synced with my personal music collection but I can't see any other reference to Qobuz. The app does appear anywhere for browsing or search. My apps folder is empty.

Spotty: I have not logged into this yet but again, I can't see any reference to the app anywhere. My Apps folder is empty. (Will Spotify Connect work with this once it is set up properly?)

Tunein: I have tried to log into this but in the settings, it only asks for my username. There is no password field available. Again, I can't see the app anywhere and my Apps folder is empty.

Could someone explain why these plugins are not showing or working? Is it because I don't have a player set in LMS? If so, will these all just start working as soon as I am able to add a player?

Thanks very much for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Inbox4 View Post
    I am about to order a Raspberry Pi to use as a streamer. I don't have it yet but have installed LMS to have a look at it.

I have installed LMS, set the Material skin and installed BBC Sounds, Qobuz, Spotty and Tunein.

BBC Sounds: is showing in my Radio list but when I click on it to open it up, nothing happens. This is the same for everything else in the Radio list. I have entered my login details in the settings.

Qobuz: I have entered my login details in the settings. My favourite albums have synced with my personal music collection but I can't see any other reference to Qobuz. The app does appear anywhere for browsing or search. My apps folder is empty.

Spotty: I have not logged into this yet but again, I can't see any reference to the app anywhere. My Apps folder is empty. (Will Spotify Connect work with this once it is set up properly?)

Tunein: I have tried to log into this but in the settings, it only asks for my username. There is no password field available. Again, I can't see the app anywhere and my Apps folder is empty.

Could someone explain why these plugins are not showing or working? Is it because I don't have a player set in LMS? If so, will these all just start working as soon as I am able to add a player?

Short answer is Yes you need a player.
    What did you install LMS on to? There is a Local Player plugin that you could try if your server has a sound card of some description.
    Alternatively if you have a Windows 10 PC look for Squeezelite-X in Windows Store - that installs a player onto PC.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

You can try a software player to see if it makes a difference. Squeezeplay is available here
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...eplay/windows/

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thank you both for your answers.

Can I run Squeezelite-X on the same PC as the LMS? (I'm running LMS on an Intel NUC with Windows 10)

Thank you both for your answers.

Can I run Squeezelite-X on the same PC as the LMS? (I'm running LMS on an Intel NUC with Windows 10)
    Yes. It is an implementation of squeezelite as the player and also a Windows wrapper for Material that can exist in your Sytem Tray or Taskbar as you wish.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS