Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Community firmware for Touch

I'm just awaiting delivery of a Squeezebox Touch and have a question about the latest firmware.

I'm running LMS 8.1.1 and notice that there's a plug-in called "Community Firmware for Squeezebox Touch/Radio/Controller"

Do I need to enable this plug-in, or will the SBT just work as normal with LMS 8.1.1? If this plug-in is optional, what are the advantages of the community firmware? I've skimmed the first 10 pages of this sub-forum for clues but didn't spot anything.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FatPete View Post
    I'm just awaiting delivery of a Squeezebox Touch and have a question about the latest firmware.

I'm running LMS 8.1.1 and notice that there's a plug-in called "Community Firmware for Squeezebox Touch/Radio/Controller"

Do I need to enable this plug-in, or will the SBT just work as normal with LMS 8.1.1? If this plug-in is optional, what are the advantages of the community firmware? I've skimmed the first 10 pages of this sub-forum for clues but didn't spot anything.

Thanks.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Thank you - I should have used Search instead of browsing the wrong sub-forum!