Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Limit remote control (app) to certain player(s)

I would like to install a remote control app on my kid's smartphone. Is there a way to limit the function of this remote to only the players used by the kids? I would like to prevent them accidentally (or prankingly) remote control our kitchen player. Of course, my remote control app and browser should still be able to control all playeers.
    LMS 8.1.2 - 1613284909 on Synology DS115 (ARM); 3 Radios

I have not found a way to do so yet, but I'm looking also
    PiCorePlayer 7.1 on Allo Digi One Signaturewith (Lounge)
    PiCorePlayer 7.1 with pi official touchscreen and hifiberry Dig+ (Office)
    PiCorePlayer 7.1 with pi official touchscreen and hifiberry DAC+(Kitchen)
    Radio (Bedroom)
    PiCorePlayer 7.1 with pi official touchscreen and USB DAC (Bedroom)
    Squeezelite=x (Garage)
    PiCorePlayer 7.1 with hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)
    PiCorePlayer 7.1 with hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)

LMS 8.1 on DIY Unraid 6 Server (i5)

Squeeze user since the SB1

I guess one way to achieve that.. (mind you it's more of workaround then anything) would be to run another instance of LMS with duplicated music source /library or even perhaps tailored library to kid's liking.. Then using material apk with this particular lms instance on kid's phone. All your other controllers are connected to main LMS as now..
    I believe Material skin/apk doesn't allow to move or even see players connected to another LMS... (this is possible with default Web interface and various other controller apps)
    Ps. it would still be possible to switch library form actual radio or touch interface if your kid is techie /knowsy
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    I believe Material skin/apk doesn't allow to move or even see players connected to another LMS
    It does. Players from other LMS's are shown in the 'Manage players' dialog. Cliking on one there will ask if you want to move to the current LMS.

---

For Material 2.4.0 I've added a new 'single' URL query param. When used in conjunction with 'player' it will allow you to tell Material to only see and control a single player. e.g. "https:// SERVER:9000/material/?player=01:02:03:04:05:06&single" Perhaps I could update the APK to allow specifying extra URL query parameters. Then you could enter (e.g.) "player=Bedroom&single" and the APK will only control the player named "Bedroom" (the 'player' param can take either player ID or name). This would be for one player only, not a set of players.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Thanks guys for the sugguestions - I was being afraid my usecase is not supported out of the box. Actually I wouldn't even insist on having a bullet-proof solution, some kind of safe-guard would be enough. I guess for now I'll see if the issue is actually one - I told the kids to leave our player alone and I think they got the message. :-)
    LMS 8.1.2 - 1613284909 on Synology DS115 (ARM); 3 Radios