Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Playing fine here via LMS 8.2.0. Direct streaming to a Boom and a pCP.

For early adopters ... I have uploaded a test version (0.0.2b) of the plugin with support for On Demand content.

There are a few things that I don't like about it, some of which I hope to be able to resolve.
    For example:
    Many stations have no on demand content listed but I don't know that until the user attempts to load the menu for the given station on a given day. This can be frustrating ... but you can guess that stations that have no DJs tend to not have any replayable content.

Some programmes have a short textual synopsis available but I do not show it yet. I have been trying to find a way to show it via the OPML menu without the user having to make an extra click while viewing the single programme but not worked it out yet.

There is no track information. It is not readily available in the data that I collect but even if it was, it would be a lot more code to make it available while the programme is playing ... especially as the content is seekable. It would be very good if LMS had a way to be given a timed tracklist when a Play is issued and then LMS itself handled the display of the data as the programme moved through the timeline. But my guess is that not many sources would be able to provide such information.

No podcasts or other special content. I might be able to get some but not for the next release.

If MP3 content is available then that is what is offered. There is usually MP3 and M4A content but the M4A content does not play well on my setup so I am not linking to it yet because I suspect that the same will be true on other installations with LMS less then 8.2

The title shown when playing tends to be something like
    11:00 Mark Kermode
    rather than
    Mark Kermode
    I would quite like the title when playing to be the short version and the title when listing the schedule for the day to be the long version. Might be possible.
    Also - the timestamp is using your local time ... which will result in some odd things around the start and end of a day of listings when not in UK timezone.
    I decided to do it this way for now because a listener probably knows what time a favourite show is on based on where they are rather than when it was on in UK.
    Of course, if a presenter suggests that you should listen out for a great show on Sunday at 4 ... then you will have to make the mental calculations to work out what that will be shown as in the plugin.

You can get it by using the development repo at
    http://www.dabdig.co.uk/slimserver-r...lanetradio.xml
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Brilliant work Paul! GHR tested and working.
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

For early adopters ... I have uploaded a test version (0.0.2b) of the plugin with support for On Demand content.

[/url]
    Paul, the schedule seems to work fine, good job, but 02b seems to lose the station logo and cover art for Jazz FM, others stations seem OK.
    Location 1: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x3 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post
    Paul, the schedule seems to work fine, good job, but 02b seems to lose the station logo and cover art for Jazz FM, others stations seem OK.
    Odd ... nothing should have changed in that area.
    I just played Jazz FM live here and all was well.
    Hopefully just a temporary internet glitch that has now been cached and will eventually spring back into life.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Odd ... nothing should have changed in that area.
    I just played Jazz FM live here and all was well.
    Hopefully just a temporary internet glitch that has now been cached and will eventually spring back into life.
    I've done a bit of digging, FYI this is what's happening:

Jazz FM is in my favourites, it's a 128k feed (https://stream-al.planetradio.co.uk/jazzhigh.aac), so not the 112k feed from the plugin. On the previous version it picked up the artwork from your plugin even though it wasn't "your" feed. 02b doesn't get the artwork.

Using the 112k feed displays the artwork. Is that what you'd expect?
    Last edited by staresy; 2021-04-11 at 12:14.
    Location 1: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x3 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

That is plausible.
    I had to change the stream URL matching so that the On Demand content did not trigger it (since it would not know what to do with it).

Iĺll adjust things to match yours ... but where did it come from?
    Paul Webster

That is plausible.
    I had to change the stream URL matching so that the On Demand content did not trigger it (since it would not know what to do with it).

I’ll adjust things to match yours ... but where did it come from?
    From the radionet plugin.
    Last edited by staresy; 2021-04-11 at 13:52.

0.0.2c now uploaded for the users of the test repo.

Should fix the Jazz FM matching when using Radio.Net as the source of the stream URL.

Also - first outing of Podcasts.
    Like the other On Demand content, I do not know if a station has podcasts until you try to get the menu for them and many of them do not.
    The subsequent list of podcasts is straight from them I do not control the order etc (they generally have newest at the top).
    Paul Webster

0.0.2c now uploaded for the users of the test repo.
    Confirm the Jazz FM match is fixed, thanks. Podcasts appear to be working fine too.