Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Junior Member optimxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    21

    LMS and Squeezebox both updated but Still have error

    I am using LMS on a Windows 10 Pro machine and Squeeze Box Touch. I am having some scanning issues so I chose to update my LMS from 7.7.5 to 8.1.1 and after rebooting I again did a re-scan but got the error message that LMS does not recognize my device, it needs to either be updated or patched. When I rebooted my SB, there was a update message so I continued the update(7.7 to 7.8) and to my surprise, it was still connected and the media was playing OK. Just to check, I followed the patch instructions(Adv/Applet Installer/) and installed the app. Then rebooted and did Settings/Advanced/Patch Installer but "Version Comparison Fix" was not in the list. Have I somehow overcome the suggested patch fix or is there more to do? I understand there is a newer LMS version 9.6. Should I give that a try? BTW, I still have the same re-scan problem that does not allow me add or delete folders from the scanning path list. I have attached a screenshot of the error that I see in LMS after doing a re-scan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Senior Member Apesbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,684
    It's safe to update to the latest LMS available here:
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=8.2

    Other than that, I'd wait for more responses to decide what to do. If you only have a Touch, that message makes no sense. The "Version Comparison Fix" only applied to the Radio.

    The current Touch firmware is 8.0.1-r16844, but the version you are running should be fine. If you want to update to latest firmware:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ller-and-LMS-8

    Given that you are having other issues with LMS, I'd suggest updating both above and restoring your Touch to factory settings. Sometimes LMS throws an error during Windows install; just click the "Retry" button, if this happens.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States, Florida
    Posts
    12,316
    Quote Originally Posted by optimxr View Post
    I followed the patch instructions(Adv/Applet Installer/) and installed the app. Then rebooted and did Settings/Advanced/Patch Installer but "Version Comparison Fix" was not in the list.
    Don't miss the fact that after you download and install the first app, the "version comparison fix" is installed with the radio's menu item "patch installer" (which is a different menu item than Applet Installer). That confused me when I first did this.
    EDIT: that may have been what you did, but just in case.
    Last edited by garym; 2021-03-28 at 06:17.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

  4. #4
    Junior Member optimxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    21

    LMS Warning Message Gone After UPdate

    Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    It's safe to update to the latest LMS available here:
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=8.2

    Other than that, I'd wait for more responses to decide what to do. If you only have a Touch, that message makes no sense. The "Version Comparison Fix" only applied to the Radio.

    The current Touch firmware is 8.0.1-r16844, but the version you are running should be fine. If you want to update to latest firmware:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ller-and-LMS-8

    Given that you are having other issues with LMS, I'd suggest updating both above and restoring your Touch to factory settings. Sometimes LMS throws an error during Windows install; just click the "Retry" button, if this happens.
    Thanks Apesbrain, Sounds like good advice. I did the LMS 8.2.0 update and system restart and ran a scan and the message does not appear. I tried adding a folder to the Library and got the same result, nothing. I will post another thread with my scan log and see if anyone can help me. Thanks again.

  5. #5
    Junior Member optimxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Don't miss the fact that after you download and install the first app, the "version comparison fix" is installed with the radio's menu item "patch installer" (which is a different menu item than Applet Installer). That confused me when I first did this.
    EDIT: that may have been what you did, but just in case.
    Thanks for the tip, garym. I did not the difference between Applet Installer and Patch Installer but since I have a SB Touch, not a SB Radio, this instruction doesn't relate to my situation.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •