Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    In 16 bits mode, squeezelite-esp32 supports 192/24 but samples are truncated to 16. Iíve never tested extensively but I think flac and pcm work although the cpu really suffers.

In 32 bits mode, which I added recently, Iíve not tried 192/24 but in their fork, PolyVection has probably limited the supported rates to 96 and this is likely wise. I will try later today what happens with 192/24

So, 192/24 in DAC32 as of today AFAIK means downsample in LMS to 96/24 which is only puncturing.

Last comment b/c I canít help it but 192 is useless (I wonít say anything on 24) so you losing nothing anyway. I hesitated to leave it in squeezelite-esp32 but I did for the fun of testing the limit of the cpu.
    I do agree that 192 is out of human hearing range so itís a moot point.

Do you think the spec reported on the PolyVection website is misleading, I do?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I do agree that 192 is out of human hearing range so it’s a moot point.

Do you think the spec reported on the PolyVection website is misleading, I do?
    I think it's fine as it says clearly that resampling is done, so IMHO it does not really matter where it happens. It's unambiguous that the actual audio is not played at 192kHz which is probably the important point for some audiophiles.

But again, I would personally just do puncturing so if it helps people being happy, I can introduce resampling in the 32 bits version as long as it puncturing 192->96->48 and 176.4->88.2->44.1 :-)
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-03-28 at 15:05.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3