Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Installing a patch

I use a patch on the Radio which cannot currently be installed by the patch installer as the source server is offline. I have a copy of the patch that I grabbed from the Radio before I updated to the latest community firmware. Is there a way to force the patch installer to install it or an easy way to manually install it?
    I tried manual installation via SSH but can only assume I was starting from the wrong directory as the target file could not be found.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I use a patch on the Radio which cannot currently be installed by the patch installer as the source server is offline. I have a copy of the patch that I grabbed from the Radio before I updated to the latest community firmware. Is there a way to force the patch installer to install it or an easy way to manually install it?
    I tried manual installation via SSH but can only assume I was starting from the wrong directory as the target file could not be found.

Most of the patches for the patch installer are intended to be applied in the /usr directory.

If you can't get it to apply from there, upload the patch file, we should be able to figure it out.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Most of the patches for the patch installer are intended to be applied in the /usr directory.

If you can't get it to apply from there, upload the patch file, we should be able to figure it out.
    I finally figured it out. It might have worked directly from the /usr directory but I put it in
    /usr/share/jive
    and ran
    patch -p2 < ReduceBrightnessBaby.patch

If anyone is interested in this patch I can upload it but hopefully the server issue is only temporary.

I finally figured it out. It might have worked directly from the /usr directory but I put it in
    /usr/share/jive
    and ran
    patch -p2 < ReduceBrightnessBaby.patch

If anyone is interested in this patch I can upload it but hopefully the server issue is only temporary.

I tried installing the patch on my second Radio from /usr and it wouldn't install so I moved it to /usr/share and I still needed to add -p1 to the patch command. The path inside the patch has no / before share so that could be the reason. The patch installer has no problem with it though.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried installing the patch on my second Radio from /usr and it wouldn't install so I moved it to /usr/share and I still needed to add -p1 to the patch command. The path inside the patch has no / before share so that could be the reason. The patch installer has no problem with it though.
    Maybe another way:
    in case you have access to some type of webserver:
    you could write your own repo.xml, copy the repo.xml and the patch to your webserver, update the install.xml to maxversion * and add your own repo.xml address to the list of repositories in LMS...

Long-time ago I patched the weather-applet for radios / touches and moved it to my own webserver to install the patched weather-applet (that was before the end of wunderground as public service).

I tried it recently with the orange color highlight patch (for the community firmware) and it worked...

The problem of most patches is currently that they all have the maxversion 7*.... Although they work in 8* firmwares...