Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,637

    Installing a patch

    I use a patch on the Radio which cannot currently be installed by the patch installer as the source server is offline. I have a copy of the patch that I grabbed from the Radio before I updated to the latest community firmware. Is there a way to force the patch installer to install it or an easy way to manually install it?
    I tried manual installation via SSH but can only assume I was starting from the wrong directory as the target file could not be found.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,906
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I use a patch on the Radio which cannot currently be installed by the patch installer as the source server is offline. I have a copy of the patch that I grabbed from the Radio before I updated to the latest community firmware. Is there a way to force the patch installer to install it or an easy way to manually install it?
    I tried manual installation via SSH but can only assume I was starting from the wrong directory as the target file could not be found.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Most of the patches for the patch installer are intended to be applied in the /usr directory.

    If you can't get it to apply from there, upload the patch file, we should be able to figure it out.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,637
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Most of the patches for the patch installer are intended to be applied in the /usr directory.

    If you can't get it to apply from there, upload the patch file, we should be able to figure it out.
    I finally figured it out. It might have worked directly from the /usr directory but I put it in
    /usr/share/jive
    and ran
    patch -p2 < ReduceBrightnessBaby.patch

    If anyone is interested in this patch I can upload it but hopefully the server issue is only temporary.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,637
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I finally figured it out. It might have worked directly from the /usr directory but I put it in
    /usr/share/jive
    and ran
    patch -p2 < ReduceBrightnessBaby.patch

    If anyone is interested in this patch I can upload it but hopefully the server issue is only temporary.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I tried installing the patch on my second Radio from /usr and it wouldn't install so I moved it to /usr/share and I still needed to add -p1 to the patch command. The path inside the patch has no / before share so that could be the reason. The patch installer has no problem with it though.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I tried installing the patch on my second Radio from /usr and it wouldn't install so I moved it to /usr/share and I still needed to add -p1 to the patch command. The path inside the patch has no / before share so that could be the reason. The patch installer has no problem with it though.
    Maybe another way:
    in case you have access to some type of webserver:
    you could write your own repo.xml, copy the repo.xml and the patch to your webserver, update the install.xml to maxversion * and add your own repo.xml address to the list of repositories in LMS...

    Long-time ago I patched the weather-applet for radios / touches and moved it to my own webserver to install the patched weather-applet (that was before the end of wunderground as public service).

    I tried it recently with the orange color highlight patch (for the community firmware) and it worked...

    The problem of most patches is currently that they all have the maxversion 7*.... Although they work in 8* firmwares...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •