Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

my plugin is not available on Jive

I created a simple plugin which contains radio stations from sk and cz and show it like lists.
    plugin is working on web interface of LMS very well
    but on picore player with jivelite is not showing in folder my application

what is the problem?

here is a plugin:
    https://github.com/majko96/LMS-Poslouchej-radia

its probably problem with picore ....because my LMS is running on other raspberry pi with piCore player ....and always when I copy plugin to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins
    after restart plugin is deleted from LMS, but where I can store plugin if not there...
    i know that cache is cleaning when i restart my raspberry pi

Quote Originally Posted by mask View Post
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins
    This is used for plugin that are installed from a repository. On PCP all is in RAM so installation will be lost on restart.

LMS Settings shows where plugins are stored. Do not use the LMS Plugin directory. However as PCP ois all RAM there may be special steps needed to save the Plugin.

With PCP - it may be easiest to setup a personal repository (e.g. a ZIP file which can be fetched HTTP GET and a XML repo file) - in your github directory and then add URL of your repo file at bottom of LMS PLugins tab.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    This is used for plugin that are installed from a repository. On PCP all is in RAM so installation will be lost on restart.

LMS Settings shows where plugins are stored. Do not use the LMS Plugin directory. However as PCP ois all RAM there may be special steps needed to save the Plugin.

With PCP - it may be easiest to setup a personal repository (e.g. a ZIP file which can be fetched HTTP GET and a XML repo file) - in your github directory and then add URL of your repo file at bottom of LMS PLugins tab.
    i solved this issue with copy script in /opt/bootlocal.sh
    now every time i restart my pcp - plugin is on boot copy to plugin dir but...
    stil on jive lite is not showing ....only in web interface,,, do i need any lua scripting for jivelite plugin or what?

I have not looked at the init section of your plugin - but the usual place for them to appear in Jivelite is "My Apps" or "Radio" (if you ask LMS to put it there).
    There is no need to install anything on Jivelite (that would be for a Jive LUA applet - which this is not). It gets the info from LMS.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

it is weird....
    if i install plugin radio paradise from server settings...in plugin section....radio paradise is on jivelite available
    but my plugin not...only in web interface....i don┤t know where can be a problem....

Quote Originally Posted by mask View Post
    it is weird....
    if i install plugin radio paradise from server settings...in plugin section....radio paradise is on jivelite available
    but my plugin not...only in web interface....i don┤t know where can be a problem....
    In your menuhandler routine try type of 'link' and not 'url'

my plugin is not available on Jive

> what is the problem?

Not sure. But as bpa mentioned: make the "type" values "link" instead of
    "url" if they're leading to another menu.

Okay I solved my problem

the problem was with install.xml file
    there I have <name>Poslouchej rßdia</name>
    and when i change it to <name>PLUGIN_POSLOUCHEJ_RADIA</name> name is now taken from strings.txt and everything is working well also on jivelite

so simple...