Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyuk View Post
    I don't use moods but a search of the forums suggests (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ds-and-recipes) putting .m3u files for each mood in a moods subdirectory of wherever the default.m3lib file lives. You should have a docker volume which maps a directory on your host to /config in the container - on my system it's;

/storage/docker/musicip/volumes/config:/config

So I would create /storage/docker/musicip/volumes/config/moods and copy the m3u files in to it. A restart of the container may be needed.
    This is where I have my docker pointed to: /storage/MMM
    Then I tried /storage/MMM/moods, /storage/MMM/MusicMagic/moods, /storage/MMM/.MusicMagic/moods, /storage/MMM. But none gave me the desired result.
    Last edited by CypherMK; 2022-06-17 at 09:26.

Quote Originally Posted by CypherMK View Post
    I did the following on an OSMC image on a raspberry Pi 4:

Code:
    curl -sSL https://get.docker.com | sh
    Code:
    sudo usermod osmc -aG docker
    exit and log in
    Code:
    docker pull mwalters68/musicip-arm
    Code:
    docker run -d --name=musicip --platform=armhf -e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000 -e TZ=Europe/London -p 10002:10002 -v /mnt/MUSIC:/music:ro -v /home/osmc/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer:/config --restart unless-stopped mwalters68/musicip-arm
    I am a bit confused with the steps that are outlined here. I am trying to run this as user pi. What is osmc in the usermod command? Should I keep it as osmc? Should I substitute mwalters68 with pi? Also, should I substitute the path that I use where my music is mounted for the first -v as well as the second -v option?
    I tried running it first exactly as it shows in this posting but I was getting errors.
    TIA.

OSMC is a Debian-based distribution that is built for running Kodi.

the references to "osmc" in those commands is the user account that the user has interactively logged into.
    You should replace "osmc" with the account name that you are using to login to your Unix platform.
    The assumption is that it has a home account of
    /home/userid ... where userid is osmc in the example and is whatever you logged in as in your example

"mwalters68" is the source of the Docker image. So unless you know of a different one that you want to use then you should stick with that.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    OSMC is a Debian-based distribution that is built for running Kodi.

the references to "osmc" in those commands is the user account that the user has interactively logged into.
    You should replace "osmc" with the account name that you are using to login to your Unix platform.
    The assumption is that it has a home account of
    /home/userid ... where userid is osmc in the example and is whatever you logged in as in your example

"mwalters68" is the source of the Docker image. So unless you know of a different one that you want to use then you should stick with that.
    Thank you for that quick reply, very helpful. What about the docker run command...should I substitute the path that I use where my music is mounted for the first -v as well as the second -v option?

My guess from looking at
    Code:
    -v /mnt/MUSIC:/music:ro -v /home/osmc/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer:/config
    is that "-v" means something like "volume" or "virtual directory".
    It appears to take a parameter that is split on the first ":".
    The left hand side is the location in the real world and the right is the location within Docker.
    If that is correct then
    /mnt/music
    is where the music files are located when looking at them from a simple logged on Unix host user
    and /music is where those files appear to be for an application running inside Docker ... and the ":ro" at the end is to tell Docker that this is a read-only location.

Similar for the other one.

So you need to set the left hand side of each of those "-v" parameters to where those things are in your set-up. (yes - change the "osmc" to the home location that you are using.)
    Also - if the music files are on a remote system then I expect you need to be sure that the remote system is mounted before you start Docker.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    My guess from looking at
    Code:
    -v /mnt/MUSIC:/music:ro -v /home/osmc/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer:/config
    is that "-v" means something like "volume" or "virtual directory".
    It appears to take a parameter that is split on the first ":".
    The left hand side is the location in the real world and the right is the location within Docker.
    If that is correct then
    /mnt/music
    is where the music files are located when looking at them from a simple logged on Unix host user
    and /music is where those files appear to be for an application running inside Docker ... and the ":ro" at the end is to tell Docker that this is a read-only location.

Similar for the other one.

So you need to set the left hand side of each of those "-v" parameters to where those things are in your set-up. (yes - change the "osmc" to the home location that you are using.)
    Also - if the music files are on a remote system then I expect you need to be sure that the remote system is mounted before you start Docker.
    Thank you everyone for all your help, I think I finally got everything working. I tested MusicIP using the localhost:10002 url and clicked Add Music, it added all my songs to the library. I clicked on Test Mix button and it came up with a list of songs. I changed the mount point for LMS so it now points to /music just like MusicIP which caused LMS to rescan . So, everything seems to be working. However, when I bring up any song within with the web player, click on "M" to show more, I never see an entry where it says "Create MusicIP Mix" the way it used to show. Am I still missing something?

Maybe a few things to check:

Did you install the container on the same pi as LMS?
    When musicip is started (check if the webpage is loading), restart LMS and see if the mixing works.
    Did you enable the musicip plugin?

Maybe a few things to check:

Did you install the container on the same pi as LMS?
    When musicip is started (check if the webpage is loading), restart LMS and see if the mixing works.
    Did you enable the musicip plugin?
    I finally got it to work!! Once I figured out that I can actually use my LMS music location name as the mount point for the container...boom! It all came together. Thank you for all your help in getting my brain to think logically :-)
    Up until a couple of years ago, I ran LMS (and MusicIP) on a windows machine with no issues. However, 2 years ago I decided to take the Raspberry Pi route (I like challenges). I had a great time setting up the Pi and attaching the hard drive that used to be connected to the Windows PC. However, I took a look at the forum on how to make MusicIP work in the Linux world...it was way too much for me so I just stopped using MusicIP. When I discovered this docker container option, I immediately played around with it and am so grateful for sparkyuk for coming up with this much simpler solution. I have run several MusicIP mixes for the past few days and I forgot what fantastic mixes this brilliant piece of software and plugin produces. Awesome stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by dbinder101 View Post
    I finally got it to work!! Once I figured out that I can actually use my LMS music location name as the mount point for the container...boom! It all came together. Thank you for all your help in getting my brain to think logically :-)
    Up until a couple of years ago, I ran LMS (and MusicIP) on a windows machine with no issues. However, 2 years ago I decided to take the Raspberry Pi route (I like challenges). I had a great time setting up the Pi and attaching the hard drive that used to be connected to the Windows PC. However, I took a look at the forum on how to make MusicIP work in the Linux world...it was way too much for me so I just stopped using MusicIP. When I discovered this docker container option, I immediately played around with it and am so grateful for sparkyuk for coming up with this much simpler solution. I have run several MusicIP mixes for the past few days and I forgot what fantastic mixes this brilliant piece of software and plugin produces. Awesome stuff!
    Gret to hear it works now. MusicIP still is a great way to listen to music. Sometimes I use spotify on my phone, but I really hate those mixes.

Gret to hear it works now. MusicIP still is a great way to listen to music. Sometimes I use spotify on my phone, but I really hate those mixes.
    Couple of questions:
    1) I had to re-boot my Pi and saw that MusicIP was not running so I re-ran the docker run command (which meant I had to stop and rm the docker musicip container). Is this the normal process when re-booting?
    2) Is there an equivalent way of listing the tracks to see which have been analyzed and which still need to be analyzed? I'm thinking of the GUI that the Windows MusiciIP app showed.

Thanks.