Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chill;
    Out of interest, does Alexa respond in that sort of situation? I know there'd be feedback if she did, so I know she's not the cause of this volume issue. But on my iPhone for instance, I'm unable to play a video that includes me saying 'Hey Siri', because Siri will immediately interrupt the video and try and do whatever she heard in the video.
    Yes she does respond to recordings mentioning her name (unless you have enabled the option to only respond to your voice, but then you have to train her).

By the way, if you did suspect it was Alexa you could enable logging in ngrok and see every incoming jsonrpc POST through your tunnel. The "inspect: false" in your .yml file inhibits this but if you either remove that line or change it to 'true' then in the :4040 web interface for ngrok you can see all the traffic in real time.

p.s. Where's the denial that you would ever, ever listen to anything by Justin Bieber?

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    p.s. Where's the denial that you would ever, ever listen to anything by Justin Bieber?
    Haha - I assumed it didn't need saying.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Yes she does respond to recordings mentioning her name
    One of the songs that we played last year ...
    https://theburninghell.bandcamp.com/album/never-work

I remember we had another one this year but can't find it right now (Alexa not in the title).

My recollection is that Amazon do have some back-end tricks to avoid some triggering - particularly from TV programmes.
    I think they spot the simultaneous launches from lots of TVs and then capture that sound pattern and (eventually) blacklist it so that it does not happen on repeats.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

I have noticed this happening sometimes as well but never figured out why or when. In my case it seems to be the volume of a player that is a member of a group player gets set to zero but only when not in the group. I'll try to pay more attention if it happens again.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Spontaneous volume reduction

Just cautiously asking - maybe the problem be outside group player? There were some threads about a spontaneous increase of the volume? I had this on a no-grouped AirPlay speaker (well - it is grouped, but it was not playing through the group)? I am using no upnp player android devices, but iPeng.

So the problem could be a “sudden volume change”?

Rainer

> On 25 Mar 2021, at 11:02, slartibartfast <slartibartfast.9z2acn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    > I have noticed this happening sometimes as well but never figured out
    > why or when. In my case it seems to be the volume of a player that is a
    > member of a group player gets set to zero but only when not in the
    > group. I'll try to pay more attention if it happens again.
    >
    > Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > slartibartfast's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=35609
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=114230
    >
    >

I just had it happen again - my kitchen Boom was (soft) powered off, and when I turned it on it came on with zero volume. The volume of the other players wasn't affected though - so it seems like a different variant of the problem. As far as I can tell from the server log, the kitchen Boom simply came on with [mixer volume] = [0]. I would not have turned it off in that state.

I'd appreciate the opinion of anyone who has experience with log files. I just had the spontaneous volume reduction happen again, this time while streaming Greatest Hits Radio on a Group Player that combines two Booms, a DAC32 and a pCP. I've trimmed the attached log file down to the 10 minutes or so from when the Group Player was turned on before the volume changed, plus a short period afterwards.

I'm no expert, so does this look to anyone else as though the mixer volume change request was initiated by iPeng at [21-03-29 18:24:00.4061]? That would be odd if so, because my phone was lying untouched on the table. I don't recall exactly when was the last time I had iPeng in the foreground, but it was definitely before I turned the Group Player on at around 18:13:51.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    I'm no expert, so does this look to anyone else as though the mixer volume change request was initiated by iPeng at [21-03-29 18:24:00.4061]? That would be odd if so, because my phone was lying untouched on the table. I don't recall exactly when was the last time I had iPeng in the foreground, but it was definitely before I turned the Group Player on at around 18:13:51.
    I haven't looked at the log file, but it is not unthinkable that iPeng is involved. I've recently reported strange volume changes in conjunction with iPeng. Apparently, iPeng is compiled as a music app, which means it has some special privileges on iOS (resulting, ahem, emergent and non-intuitive interactions with the system).

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pputzer View Post
    I haven't looked at the log file, but it is not unthinkable that iPeng is involved. I've recently reported strange volume changes in conjunction with iPeng. Apparently, iPeng is compiled as a music app, which means it has some special privileges on iOS (resulting, ahem, emergent and non-intuitive interactions with the system).

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    I see volumes suddenly falling to zero and I don't use iPeng.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pputzer View Post
    I think I've seen the kind of interactions that you mentioned in that thread. But I think this is different because I was not actively using iPeng (or my phone) at the time. I'm not certain that iPeng is implicated - that's just my inexperienced interpretation of the log file.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I see volumes suddenly falling to zero and I don't use iPeng.
    I've seen two types of behaviour that I assumed were related, but maybe they're not after all. The first was the volume on one player being set to zero at start up, and the other is volume reductions during playback. My logfile above is for the latter case. Have you seen player volume dropping to zero during playback, or was it already at zero when you started playback (making it the former case)?