Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    I think I've seen the kind of interactions that you mentioned in that thread. But I think this is different because I was not actively using iPeng (or my phone) at the time. I'm not certain that iPeng is implicated - that's just my inexperienced interpretation of the log file.

I've seen two types of behaviour that I assumed were related, but maybe they're not after all. The first was the volume on one player being set to zero at start up, and the other is volume reductions during playback. My logfile above is for the latter case. Have you seen player volume dropping to zero during playback, or was it already at zero when you started playback (making it the former case)?
    I haven't seen volumes change after playback has started..I generally start playback hear nothing and then notice the volume is zero. I have wondered if Spotify is involved.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I haven't seen volumes change after playback has started..I generally start playback hear nothing and then notice the volume is zero. I have wondered if Spotify is involved.

I asked Craig to put an indicator in Material when volume is zero but the player being controlled is actually playing - he has implemented as a pulse of the volume display.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I asked Craig to put an indicator in Material when volume is zero but the player being controlled is actually playing - he has implemented as a pulse of the volume display.
    How does that work with group players? The group player volume is 100% but the players in the group might be 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Have you seen player volume dropping to zero during playback, or was it already at zero when you started playback (making it the former case)?
    Hello again - just jumping back into this thread. I've personally not seen the volume drop to zero during playback. I believe it's predominantly when turning the player (SB Touch as part of a sync group) back on, but I can't say for certain that the player was always off, sometimes I'm lazy and leave it on pause. All I can say is that when I come back to the player and press play (via the LMS app) I notice the volume is zero.

I was going to say I don't have ipeng but I realized I actually did on a very ancient ipad. The app is never used, but the ipad was on. I just uninstalled ipeng just to see if that does anything. Was your log captured by using player.sync at debug like you mentioned earlier in the thread?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by the_arm View Post
    Was your log captured by using player.sync at debug like you mentioned earlier in the thread?
    I currently have seven logs set to Debug:
    control.command
    control.queries
    control.stdio
    player.streaming
    player.streaming.direct
    player.streaming.remote
    player.sync

I'm not sure which one captured the 'Request: Command [7c:9e:bd:28:42:24->mixer volume] from JSONRPC (Dispatchable)' message - I'm guessing it was control.command.

I'm by no means sure that iPeng is implicated, and the last thing I want to do is point a finger without justification. It's possible, for instance, that the commands I think I'm seeing are actually LMS updating iPeng in response to a volume change that was triggered some other way. That's why I'd be really keen for someone with more idea about what the logs show to take a look at my log file.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    How does that work with group players? The group player volume is 100% but the players in the group might be 0%.

Not sure at all. Youll need to test/ask Craig. I currently have no Group Players to seriously test with.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Not sure at all. Youll need to test/ask Craig. I currently have no Group Players to seriously test with.
    I just tested it and the only way to tell if one of the players in the group is set to zero volume is to change the displayed player to that player. So it doesn't help for group players.

On a few, very rare occasions I have heard spontaneous changes in volume while listening. What's much more commonplace is that I will notice a player is silent and discover its volume has been set to zero.

Background: I have eight players that are almost always synchronized. They are hardly ever turned off, even when not playing. Three of them are connected over ethernet; the other five are on wifi. All of the wifi players use the Airplay bridge. Two of the wifi players have volume control enabled. All the other players are locked at 100% volume. So only two players out of eight actually experience volume changes.

Sometimes I find that one of the players locked at 100% displays 0 volume, although it continues to play. I am reasonably confident this has happened in Material, but I don't know if the false 0 volume has appeared in the default interface.

Other than using Airplay, I avoid Apple products, so ipeng is not a factor.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

I've just sat down to put some music on, and I noticed that the volume setting for all my players are much lower than they were when I switched them off - some at zero. A snippet from the log file is attached. It looks to me as though the volumes were all normal at 22:13:58.5485 yesterday evening, but 6 seconds later they all got set to lower values, apparently by iPeng.

The messages that make me suspect iPeng are of the sort:
    Code:
    [21-03-30 22:14:04.9091] Slim::Control::Request::dump (2339) Request: Command [7c:9e:bd:28:42:24->mixer volume] from JSONRPC  (Dispatchable)
    [21-03-30 22:14:04.9095] Slim::Control::Request::dump (2343)    Param: [_newvalue] = [-1]
    [21-03-30 22:14:04.9099] Slim::Control::Request::dump (2343)    Param: [_p3] = [ipeng:1]
    [21-03-30 22:14:04.9112] Slim::Control::Request::notifyFromArray (842) (prefset server volume 0)
    [21-03-30 22:14:04.9122] Slim::Control::Request::dump (2339) Request: Command [7c:9e:bd:28:42:24->mixer volume] from JSONRPC  (Done)
    [21-03-30 22:14:04.9127] Slim::Control::Request::dump (2343)    Param: [_newvalue] = [-1]
    [21-03-30 22:14:04.9130] Slim::Control::Request::dump (2343)    Param: [_p3] = [ipeng:1]
    Am I reading that correctly - does 'Param: [_p3] = [ipeng:1]' mean that the preceding mixer volume command was issued by ipeng? Again, I was not interacting with iPeng at all at that time.
    Attached Files Attached Files