Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnoodle View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I can't seem to find the lmsupdate file archive. I'm hoping someone can point us in the right direction.
    OK - just found this page: https://archive.synology.com/downloa.../SqueezeCenter

So now it looks like I can find the Perl file and the LMS files. I'm now trying to work out how to backup the /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCentre/prefs/ folder.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnoodle View Post
    OK - just found this page: [link removed]

So now it looks like I can find the Perl file and the LMS files. I'm now trying to work out how to backup the /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCentre/prefs/ folder.
    I had the same question, I think you can only access it via SSH as it doesn't appear in Filestation. However, I just went through the downgrade of PERL and reinstalling of LMS as per this thread and got everything working correctly again without backing up the pref file. I only had to set the Music folder and re-enable Spotty in the plugin settings and now I'm back with my much loved Touch and Classic. Thank you so much to this community for the help!

please provide download for LogitechMediaServer-i686-8.0.0-1605892076.spk

Can someone please provide a download for this file? LogitechMediaServer-i686-8.0.0-1605892076.spk

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zrdc49 View Post
    If you have an arm5 processor in your Synology DiskStation, as my DS213 does, you may need to download LMS 7.7.6 at the Synology.com download-package-SqueezeCenter page. (I have not found a more recent version that will run with this processor, but would welcome correction, as 7.7.6 is inferior to 7.9.2, which I had to delete before installing PERL 5.24.)

LMS 7.7.6 does not read the Album Artist tag on files and then offer it as an option on the SBT Album Sort Method page. To find my artists and their albums (that's how my files are arranged), I had to go to My Music and select Music Folder. They appeared as expected.

Hoping to keep LMS running until the SBTs die...
    Thank you that was really helpfull for me !
    I also have a Diskstation based on Armv5 and hopefully we'll get as well an updated version soon ?
    Long life to SBT !

Quote Originally Posted by Matte0s View Post
    Thank you that was really helpfull for me !
    I also have a Diskstation based on Armv5 and hopefully we'll get as well an updated version soon ?
    Long life to SBT !
    7.7.6 is obsolete. You and anyone else running on a Synology NAS would be far better off opting for a Pi and piCorePlayer. Install an upto date LMS and point it at your NAS. Synology will not reverse their decision.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

If it's ARM5 you could try this: https://github.com/gordonb3/logitech...ver-cpan-armel (7.8.0)

It should be pretty much `portable` but I haven't actually attempted to run it on anything other than the intended target system running Gentoo Linux. There is a chance that the .so (arch specific) libraries will not load if Synology packs an older version of libc than Gentoo did when I built the modules for Perl 2.4

Hello,

looking for LogitechMediaServer-i686-8.0.0-1605892076.spk file.
    All links are dead.
    Do you have any source to get it ?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    7.7.6 is obsolete. You and anyone else running on a Synology NAS would be far better off opting for a Pi and piCorePlayer. Install an upto date LMS and point it at your NAS. Synology will not reverse their decision.
    I would love to do it but how do you move your config+plugins to a docker install?

Anyone moved to docker? can I copy the pref folder or something?

yes this is possible. If you look into the documentation of the LMS community container here: https://hub.docker.com/r/lmscommunit...echmediaserver

there you see the line:

-v "<somewhere>":"/config":rw \

change <somewhere> with a path which is accessible via Synology GUI for example /volume1/docker/LMS/config/

then copy your prefs folder from your old installation into the above config folder

I am also looking for this file

Quote Originally Posted by neogeo87 View Post
    Hello,

looking for LogitechMediaServer-i686-8.0.0-1605892076.spk file.
    All links are dead.
    Do you have any source to get it ?
    Thanks.
    If you have a source or could dm to me, that would be great.