Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK, Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimPvC View Post
    HUGE thanks for this. Your manual definitely helped me installing the docker package. And it worked immediately.
    I had to change one thing: my music files are in the shared music folder on the NAS, for which Synology has its own permissions. the standard permissions (PUID 99 and PGID 100) did not work and left the music directory empty. (This was my previous problem)
    Setting these to root (0) solved that problem for now but I have to think of a better solution.

    Also, I may get back to you with a question about symlink, because I also have music in a different directory...

    Feels like you saved an important part of my life ;-)
    Nice one! Glad it works for you

    for symlink have a look at this video.. its just one line of code if I remember correctly, but video explains it quite well for those who feel uneasy about it.
    https://youtu.be/mwmg2EKKmtM
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    8

    Download former PERL package

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimPvC View Post
    But I cannot find the Synology PERL packages with older versions.
    You can find it here:
    https://archive.synology.com/downloa...rl/5.24.0-0074

    I figured it out based on the download link for the new package, because I have the same problem...
    Last edited by DomCa; 2021-03-23 at 13:09.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Nice one! Glad it works for you

    for symlink have a look at this video.. its just one line of code if I remember correctly, but video explains it quite well for those who feel uneasy about it.
    https://youtu.be/mwmg2EKKmtM
    Thanks.. He's going a bit too fast for me now so I will watch it on half-speed later ;-)

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DomCa View Post
    Thanks for this, but I went for the Docker solution so that I don't need to downgrade Perl.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12

    Thanks so much!

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimPvC View Post
    HUGE thanks for this. Your manual definitely helped me installing the docker package. And it worked immediately.
    I had to change one thing: my music files are in the shared music folder on the NAS, for which Synology has its own permissions. the standard permissions (PUID 99 and PGID 100) did not work and left the music directory empty. (This was my previous problem)
    Setting these to root (0) solved that problem for now but I have to think of a better solution.

    Also, I may get back to you with a question about symlink, because I also have music in a different directory...

    Feels like you saved an important part of my life ;-)
    ---

    Read your tips and yes it works via docker. Don't even know what docker is, but this forum is priceless :-)

    Thanks again

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1

    is an update planned?

    is that out for the server on a synology nas?

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1

    solution

    Quote Originally Posted by Selym View Post
    Same thing happened to me, and I cannot run Docker on my NAS (DS214play).

    Is there some other media server that will run on my Diskstation that can stream music to a Squeezebox?
    First delete LMS
    Then delete Perl

    then install old version of Perl
    Then LMS 8.1.1. works great

    download perl versions archive.synology.cn/download/Package/Perl i used the perl x86.....0070.spk or the 0074.
    download lms versions sourceforge.net/projects/lmsupdate/files/DSM6.x


    Do nog let synology automatic uptate de programs perl en LMS
    Last edited by bbbert; 2021-03-26 at 00:13.

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbert View Post
    First delete LMS
    Then delete Perl

    then install old version of Perl
    Then LMS 8.1.1. works great

    download perl versions archive.synology.cn/download/Package/Perl i used the perl x86.....0070.spk or the 0074.
    download lms versions sourceforge.net/projects/lmsupdate/files/DSM6.x


    Do nog let synology automatic uptate de programs perl en LMS
    Tried that but it doesn't work for me. I'm getting the message that the package is not supported on the platform of Diskstation or is incompatible with the current DSM version

    For a complete luddite like me this whole LMS change is a nightmare.

  9. #19
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,569

    LMS stopped working on Synologyafter PERL update

    >> download perl versions archive.synology.cn/download/Package/Perl i
    >> used the perl x86.....0070.spk or the 0074.

    >
    > Tried that but it doesn't work for me. I'm getting the message that the
    > package is not supported on the platform of Diskstation or is
    > incompatible with the current DSM version


    You must make sure you're downloading the package for your architecture.
    If it's not an Intel CPU, then you need something else.

    > For a complete luddite like me this whole LMS change is a nightmare.


    For once it's not a LMS change, but a DSM (Synology) change. And they
    announced this more than a year ago.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibster View Post
    Tried that but it doesn't work for me. I'm getting the message that the package is not supported on the platform of Diskstation or is incompatible with the current DSM version

    For a complete luddite like me this whole LMS change is a nightmare.
    Cancel that. Further investigation established that I was not downloading the correct programme for my model ie DS118. Anyway deleted Perl and LMS as you stated and reloaded older versions and everything is working as before.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •