Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Reboot the W10 box.
    W10 is really terrible as far as network reliability.
    Assuming you're wifi network is not the problem, ourchase a raspberry pi and run picoreplayer on it with LMS.
    I agree re W10 and Pi instead.

I really do have good WiFi - itís enterprise level MESH stuff. I was experimenting the other day with a sync group over WiFi playing Qobuz 24/192 which was being transcoded to 24/96. I experienced bad stuttering. I didnít get player failures like you described though.

Were you playing Qobuz HD to the sync group which would have needed serious transcoding given they are limited to 24/48?

Try altering the group to different permutations of 2 players to try to identify if itís one particular player that is having an issue thatís causing the sync to fall over.

Also if the are Group Players try them as both Group Players and old fashioned syncs.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I agree re W10 and Pi instead.

I really do have good WiFi - itís enterprise level MESH stuff. I was experimenting the other day with a sync group over WiFi playing Qobuz 24/192 which was being transcoded to 24/96. I experienced bad stuttering. I didnít get player failures like you described though.

Were you playing Qobuz HD to the sync group which would have needed serious transcoding given they are limited to 24/48?

Try altering the group to different permutations of 2 players to try to identify if itís one particular player that is having an issue thatís causing the sync to fall over.

Also if the are Group Players try them as both Group Players and old fashioned syncs.
    No, just playing spotify / and 192k mp3s from my library.

I uninstalled the group player plugin because it caused too many headaches with player volumes.

I'm also going to try rebooting my server. Admittedly I don't very often.
    1 Touch
    4 Receivers
    3 Controllers
    3 Radios
    (I think I have a problem)

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue with my Squeezebox Radio.

I have 2 Google Home, 1 Squeezelite player (a rasberry pi with Max2Play) and all these devices are working fine.
    They are all connected through wifi and my appartment is not that big.

On the SB Radio, I tried connection through wifi or with ethernet and result is the same.
    After some time, I'm losing the connection, the network icon gets blue. I then have to reconnect to wifi to get access back to my LMS.

I have upgraded the Radio to the latest Community Firmware (8.0.1 r16855). Before that I had baby_7.7.3_r16676.bin.
    And I had same issue with that 7.6 firmware.

I believe the issue came with the firmware.
    Would it be possible to downgrade the firmware to an older one, knowing I have LMS 8.1 hosted on my Synology NAS ?

After connecting to ssh, I updated etc/init.d/wlan and added --setRD 48 on line 19 (so that fix related to Atheros on some post) :
    /lib/atheros/loadAR6000l.sh $SETMAC --setRD 48

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Last edited by djtale; 2021-06-23 at 06:05.

Quote Originally Posted by djtale View Post
    On the SB Radio, I tried connection through wifi or with ethernet and result is the same.
    After some time, I'm losing the connection, the network icon gets blue. I then have to reconnect to wifi to get access back to my LMS.
    If you have the same problem with both wifi and ethernet, then that might suggest that the problem is not wifi, but something else.

Quote Originally Posted by djtale View Post

You also have to make sure you select WIRED in the networking menu's. Plugging in an ethernet cable dose not automatically switch to wired connection.
    For wired it will display an icon similar to <==> in place of the wifi icon.

On my Radio wired is 100% stable, wifi is the (unfortunately now) usual frequent disconnects as you are experiencing.