Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Touch and SMSL Sanskrit 10th MkII

I am really enjoying the dac with Squeezebox Touch with edo. I am getting 192khz from my aged streaming device. Every CD rip sounds good, and now I am able to play my few hi res downloads.

I first tried to get the squeezebox to recognise the dac when I used separate data and power cables but nothing played. When I removed the power cable, and chose digital connection, the dac was listed on screen.

Does 192kHz sound better than 44.1kHz? No but this allows me to listen to the download as intended.

I recommend this reasonably priced DAC, it measures very well without separate power. See audiosciencereview.

Update 23/4/21
    DSD64 plays as DOP, and the display shows d -1
    DSF, DFF File Types are set as native, flac (dsdplay)

Now its worth ripping my SACDs
    Last edited by Patricia P; 2021-04-23 at 02:23. Reason: Correcting the name of the DAC

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia P View Post
    I am really enjoying the dac with Squeezebox Touch with edo. I am getting 192khz from my aged streaming device. Every CD rip sounds good, and now I am able to play my few hi res downloads.

I first tried to get the squeezebox to recognise the dac when I used separate data and power cables but nothing played. When I removed the power cable, and chose digital connection, the dac was listed on screen.

Does 192kHz sound better than 44.1kHz? No but this allows me to listen to the download as intended.

I recommend this reasonably priced DAC, it measures very well without separate power. See audiosciencereview.
    Do you mean the smsl sanskrit 10th mkII? And how do you connect it with your touch?

Yes that's the one. What a name for a very simple box dac! The DAC is powered by the Touch. You need a microusb to USB A cable.

I connect the microusb port labelled "in 1/power" to the USB A port of the Touch.
    The Advanced Settings menu has Digital options. Choose SMSL Dac.

It will reboot and the DAC with hi res to 192kHz.

Is that what you need to know?
    SB Touch (Community firmware v8.01) UE Radio, SMSL Sanskrit MkII, Talk Electronic Cyclone 1.2 amplifier. LMS 8.2 Snakeoil OS, HP t520 thin client.
    BBCiPlayer, BBC Sounds, Shairtunes2 plugins, edo applet

Yes that's the one. What a name for a very simple box dac! The DAC is powered by the Touch. You need a microusb to USB A cable.

I connect the microusb port labelled "in 1/power" to the USB A port of the Touch.
    The Advanced Settings menu has Digital options. Choose SMSL Dac.

It will reboot and the DAC with hi res to 192kHz.

Is that what you need to know?
    Yes, thank you. I never heard of your dac, but this looks good

Quote Originally Posted by thekiller View Post
    Yes, thank you. I never heard of your dac, but this looks good
    The dac32 does hi res without any modding necessary and only one box not two. But aa long as the Touch works I will hold on. Have you compared the two?
    SB Touch (Community firmware v8.01) UE Radio, SMSL Sanskrit MkII, Talk Electronic Cyclone 1.2 amplifier. LMS 8.2 Snakeoil OS, HP t520 thin client.

The dac32 does hi res without any modding necessary and only one box not two. But aa long as the Touch works I will hold on. Have you compared the two?
    yes i have compared the touch to the dac32. i think the dac sound better. I have synchronized both devices, allowing me to continue to use the touch controls and display

yes i have compared the touch to the dac32. i think the dac sound better. I have synchronized both devices, allowing me to continue to use the touch controls and display
    Do you prefer a streamer with screen to one controlled only by phone/tablet? At least you have a few options.

Did you level match them, too? That's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Did you level match them, too? That's important.
    Of course!
    my wife also heard a difference