Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Custom Skip & PiCorePlayer

Hello,

I am running a PiCorePlayer with the Slimserver and LMS 8.1.0 using Erlandís excellent plugins - Custom Scan (v2.10.51), Dynamic Playlists (v2.10.247, Licence Manager (v1.1.40), SQL Playlist (v2.6.272 and Trackstat (v3.3.602) but I canít get CustomSkip-2.5.83 to install.

I have a licence for all the plugins.

On my Windows 7 PC all the plugins are running fine on the LMS build 8.0.1.

But on the PiCorePlayer - Custom Skip is not shown in the download repository list - Additional Repositories and Use unsupported extensions confirmed.

I have tried downloading and installing it manually but it just gets removed when restarting the server.

I have thought about of downgrading the version of PiCorePlayer but this option does not seem to be available any more?

Is there a way to get Custom Skip running?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ian
    Last edited by IMB; 2021-03-24 at 01:36.

Problem Solved

Quote Originally Posted by IMB View Post
    Hello,

I am running a PiCorePlayer with the Slimserver and LMS 8.1.0 using Erlandís excellent plugins - Custom Scan (v2.10.51), Dynamic Playlists (v2.10.247, Licence Manager (v1.1.40), SQL Playlist (v2.6.272 and Trackstat (v3.3.602) but I canít get CustomSkip-2.5.83 to install.

I have a licence for all the plugins.

On my Windows 7 PC all the plugins are running fine on the LMS build 8.0.1.

But on the PiCorePlayer - Custom Skip is not shown in the download repository list - Additional Repositories and Use unsupported extensions confirmed.

I have tried downloading and installing it manually but it just gets removed when restarting the server.

I have thought about of downgrading the version of PiCorePlayer but this option does not seem to be available any more?

Is there a way to get Custom Skip running?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ian
    The clue was in the plugin being removed.

You should not manually place plugins in the InstalledPlugins folder.

Created a Plugins Folder in the Cache Folder - installed it there.

Custom Skip now appears and is running.

If it seems to works in 8.1 it might be a good idea to ask mherger to add it to the list of unsupported plugins or do it yourself by creating a pull request towards the following file https://github.com/LMS-Community/lms...nsupported.xml

The plugins available if you check use unsupported extensions are only those that have been verified to work by a community member. Nobody has stated that Custom Skip seems to work yet so thatís why it wasnít available in the list after activating unsupported extensions.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Custom Skip is working but you cannot edit the filter from the LMS browser. The function is not visible.
    You would have to edit the defaultfilterset.cs.xml in another way.

Thanks for your plug-ins they are invaluable.

Correction - after a LMS restart Custom Skip is working perfectly and the filter can be edited from the browser.