Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is there a way to change volume range for receiver?

I have a set of speakers with no independent volume control (not sure why). Is there a way to set a new high vol and change the entire 1-100% by -5db or something? Anything above a 3% is extremely loud.
    1 Touch
    4 Receivers
    3 Controllers
    3 Radios
    (I think I have a problem)

Quote Originally Posted by FredFredrickson View Post
    I have a set of speakers with no independent volume control (not sure why). Is there a way to set a new high vol and change the entire 1-100% by -5db or something? Anything above a 3% is extremely loud.
    Try volumelock plugin.. You can set max level on current level
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Try volumelock plugin.. You can set max level on current level
    That does *cap* the volume. The problem is when I cap it to 2, I have exactly 2 volume levels- max loudness, and still pretty loud!

I think i'll just grab this: https://www.amazon.com/Extension-HUI...dp/B07PY2H3CP/
    1 Touch
    4 Receivers
    3 Controllers
    3 Radios

That does *cap* the volume. The problem is when I cap it to 2, I have exactly 2 volume levels- max loudness, and still pretty loud!

I think i'll just grab this: https://www.amazon.com/Extension-HUI...dp/B07PY2H3CP/
    Ahh I see.. Sorry misunderstood.

Interesting extension lead.. Usually volume control is just controller for phone digital volume, where this one seems like independent analogue control.. Yeah it may work for you just right.. As to bring overall volume down but still have range to control
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Do your speakers have a 3.5 mm input socket?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

It's not clear here, but on other thread OP has indicated that he/she uses Radio as receiver with its headphones output connected to external hifi /speaker.. So yeah I assume answer is yes

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    It's not clear here, but on other thread OP has indicated that he/she uses Radio as receiver with its headphones output connected to external hifi /speaker.. So yeah I assume answer is yes
    Hmm not a receiver then

Hmm not a receiver then

Ohh I didn't realise this is duet forum.. now have feeling my assumption may not be correct ..anyway OP could use 3.5mm to RCA (socket) adaptors etc.. Maybe not most neat solution but should work

Yes I'm using an old 2.1 pc desktop kit from Cambridge. Sounds beautiful. I'm using an rca to 3.5mm y-adapter with a receiver.

I suspect the original speaker kit had something built in to modify volume that I lost.
    1 Touch
    4 Receivers
    3 Controllers
    3 Radios

If you have sox in your transcoding chain, you can use it's gain effect to apply attenuation to the audio signal
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | DB Optimizer | Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...