Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Alarm and Headphones Port

Hi all,

I use my radios as receivers and plug the headphones ports into other speakers. Works well for my purposes.

However, one problem is that I want to set it to start up music for when I arrive home using an alarm, however that pushes the music to the built-in-speaker.

Is there either a way to force it to use headphones port or a different way to auto-start music on a schedule?

I did some searching and found a headphones switcher plugin but I don't know how to get that working and am not sure this would apply to alarms anyhow.

Thanks!

Edit: I found one minor workaround: If I set the alarm to a receiver or touch and the radio is in the group, it goes to headphones. I still don't know how to do this to a solo radio.
    Last edited by FredFredrickson; 2021-03-14 at 12:25.
    1 Touch
    4 Receivers
    3 Controllers
    3 Radios
    (I think I have a problem)

Is there a way to know that you have just arrived home without using a timer ... apart from you pressing Play on your phone just before you put the key in the door?
    If there is then you could put some automation around that event to make it start a regular playlist or radio station etc.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Usually I just use the alarm since my day ends around the same time every day.

That said I do have smart things, alexa, and presence and door sensors.

I just installed media server for Alexa. Wonder if there's a way to use triggers to do that...
    1 Touch
    4 Receivers
    3 Controllers
    3 Radios

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Is there a way to know that you have just arrived home without using a timer ... apart from you pressing Play on your phone just before you put the key in the door?
    If there is then you could put some automation around that event to make it start a regular playlist or radio station etc.
    Many years ago I was using tasker to turn SB Radio when arriving back home. I think it was conditional on WiFi connection and only sending play command to whatever was on playing queue already. So when phone connected to home WiFi it was firing command to play music.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by FredFredrickson View Post

I use my radios as receivers and plug the headphones ports into other speakers. Works well for my purposes.

However, one problem is that I want to set it to start up music for when I arrive home using an alarm, however that pushes the music to the built-in-speaker.
    I think this was subject of a similar 2009 user request see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...one-plugged-in

Hi all,

Is there either a way to force it to use headphones port or a different way to auto-start music on a schedule?

I did some searching and found a headphones switcher plugin but I don't know how to get that working and am not sure this would apply to alarms anyhow.

Thanks!

Edit: I found one minor workaround: If I set the alarm to a receiver or touch and the radio is in the group, it goes to headphones. I still don't know how to do this to a solo radio.
    Just a quick thought.. If it works like in your edit section ie part of group.. Perhaps you can use group player plugin and create a group with just one player and set alarm for group player.. I haven't tried it but maybe it would work
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Just a quick thought.. If it works like in your edit section ie part of group.. Perhaps you can use group player plugin and create a group with just one player and set alarm for group player.. I haven't tried it but maybe it would work
    I'll give that a try tonight and see if it works. Thanks!
    1 Touch
    4 Receivers
    3 Controllers
    3 Radios

Alarm and Headphones Port

Usually I just use the alarm since my day ends around the same time every day.

That said I do have smart things, alexa, and presence and door sensors.

I just installed media server for Alexa. Wonder if there's a way to use triggers to do that...
    The LMS-lite skill can do it using Alexa routines.

In the Alexa app, choose Routines --> New --> When this Happens --> Schedule --> At Time --> Add Action --> Smart Home --> All Devices -->

and then select the squeezebox. When you've done that, you'll see 9 options including Power On plus a Favorite number slider and a Volume Level slider, for example:

Name:  05d2d798fcba2ffdcb0caec510c91297.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  9.4 KB
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-03-19 at 00:50.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    The LMS-lite skill can do it using Alexa routines.

In the Alexa app, choose Routines --> New --> When this Happens --> Schedule --> At Time --> Add Action --> Smart Home --> All Devices -->

and then select the squeezebox. When you've done that, you'll see 9 options including Power On plus a Favorite number slider and a Volume Level slider, for example:

Name:  05d2d798fcba2ffdcb0caec510c91297.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  9.4 KB
    That's really handy- especially because Alexa has other triggers (such as my front door opening!) and because the alarms built into the server don't let you specify a different volume for each alarm.

Is the functionality there where I can do multiple steps on one trigger?

For example: set SB1 volume to 15%, set SB2 volume to 30%, sync SB1 and SB2, then play?

Am I limited to 9 favorites for what to play?
    1 Touch
    4 Receivers
    3 Controllers
    3 Radios

Quote Originally Posted by FredFredrickson;
    That's really handy- especially because Alexa has other triggers (such as my front door opening!) and because the alarms built into the server don't let you specify a different volume for each alarm.

Is the functionality there where I can do multiple steps on one trigger?

For example: set SB1 volume to 15%, set SB2 volume to 30%, sync SB1 and SB2, then play?

Am I limited to 9 favorites for what to play?
    The 9 is the number of player parameters that can be set from a single action: Power, Favorite, Loop, Player Volume, Preset, Repeat Mode, Shuffle Mode, Shuffle Play and Track. There's no limit on how many actions you stack or on how many favorites you address. You can have any trigger (time, motion, contact, light-level, voice, button, whatever) set 100 squeezeboxes to all play different favorites at different volume levels and shuffle states and repeat modes, if you like

See the very first post in https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...kill-for-Alexa

EDIT: I noticed just now that you mentioned doing sync from a Routine. That's not supported because there's no pre-built voice model for specifying the names of the players you would sync - smart home stuff is for one device at a time, I'm afraid. I can easily define a toggle called sync to start off a sync group from a Routine/Action, but how would we know what players to involve?
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-03-19 at 08:44.