Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    Thanks philippe_44, cliveb and d6jg for the helpful ideas. The easiest to try would be feeding the analogue outputs back into the analogue inputs. I would think that the signal in from the Toslink should appear at the analogue outputs because their typical use is to feed a sub. The Audioengine people say that all inputs are active at all times, with the sole exception that an active Bluetooth connection blocks the optical input, but that's irrelevant in my case. I'll give it a whirl this weekend. Cheers.
    On second thought, feeding the analog inputs from the analog outputs (and crossing L/R) probably wonít work, because Iím pretty sure both the optical and analog inputs will be active. So the L speaker would get the L channel from the optical and the R channel from the analog, and vice versa for the R speaker. Iíll double-check with the Audioengine folks, but probably need to look at one of the other solutions.

On second thought, feeding the analog inputs from the analog outputs (and crossing L/R) probably won’t work, because I’m pretty sure both the optical and analog inputs will be active. So the L speaker would get the L channel from the optical and the R channel from the analog, and vice versa for the R speaker. I’ll double-check with the Audioengine folks, but probably need to look at one of the other solutions.
    Can't remember if it was suggested before, but why not using sox with the swap option?

[edit]: I've verified and it works, just add "swap" at the end of a command line like for
    Code:
    flc flc * <your_SB_mac>
    	# IF
    	[sox] -t flac $FILE$ -t flac -C 0 - swap

ogg ogg * <your_SB_mac>
    	# IF
    	[sox] -t ogg $FILE$ -t ogg - swap
    I don't know how many formats sox supports nativerly, you'd have to check but you can take inspiration from other command line if you need multiple steps.

NB: I would not be surprised that ffmpeg allows the same to be done, but it might not be installed on your LMS system. The benefit is that it supports more formats in and out and can handle URL as well
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-03-26 at 23:16.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

On second thought, feeding the analog inputs from the analog outputs (and crossing L/R) probably wonít work, because Iím pretty sure both the optical and analog inputs will be active. So the L speaker would get the L channel from the optical and the R channel from the analog, and vice versa for the R speaker. Iíll double-check with the Audioengine folks, but probably need to look at one of the other solutions.
    Thinking about it a bit more, you're probably right. Even if there's a way to select which input is used, chances are that is the input which would get fed to to analogue outputs. But still worth asking AE about it.

I reckon you should open up the speaker with the electronics and see if there's an easy way to swap the connections between amps and drive units.
    Transporter -> ATC SCM100A